Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB for headlight surrounds Black and White
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Back awhile a go we offered up the headlight rebuild kits that had these bundled into them, we are offering just the headlight surrounds

The standard black are $38 a set, the white are $56. With the white being harder to get this should be a no brainer for some of you.

To offer this price we need 50 takers.

Who's in?

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/h...for-porsche-914
Mikey914
Must not be a lot of folks that need these?
sbsix
I need a set Mark.
sbsix
In White.
Mblizzard
In white!
dlee6204
A set of white for me!
raynekat
If the white ones are done "right", I would think you would sell a bunch of them.

Put me on the list. I'll give them a try.
The plastic texture, color (off white) and quality will be the telling tale on these....
Mikey914
QUOTE(raynekat @ May 9 2019, 09:00 PM) *

If the white ones are done "right", I would think you would sell a bunch of them.

Put me on the list. I'll give them a try.
The plastic texture, color (off white) and quality will be the telling tale on these....

We spent come time researching the white on these. We gathered several pairs that were on good shape to supposed NOS ones. What disturbed us initially was the NOS ones that were more of an antique white were smooth. It didn't make sense that there were more than one set of molds on these. After taking some acetone e to the inside and rubbing we found they had been repainted. That and these were actually more of a pure white. A little rubbing on the front reviewed that they had been shot with a plastic primer and smoothed out.

So yes we did get the correct color on this part
Andyrew
Gonna bring some down for WCR?

Down for a black set
Mr.242
WHITE for me.

Thx
DRPHIL914
I am in for a black set. - now how about the metal retention rings?
ConeDodger
I have headlights? blink.gif
Mikey914
The picture is crap and the lighting sucks in it but here is how we matched the color.
Mikey914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ May 10 2019, 09:00 AM) *

Yes, these are next drawings are done, just trying to get some tooling money back to move forward.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 10 2019, 12:58 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ May 10 2019, 09:00 AM) *

Yes, these are next drawings are done, just trying to get some tooling money back to move forward.

cheer.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif
DRPHIL914
Which would look better on my copper metallic car, black or white?
restore2seater
In for a set of black surrounds.
Tom_T
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ May 10 2019, 10:25 AM) *

Go with Black Phil AKA etc. - that was the original color on your 75 anyway, it goes with the black bumper, & suits the Copper better. When my 73 was painted in that same Copper during 1976-80 with my OE white ones, they looked off IMHO.

For those wondering, White was 70-74 MY, & Black 75-76 MY, & by the late 70's all replacements were only in Black.

Mark - I need to see how well my OE ones clean up, &/or the "extra set" of them I have, before decided to buy your repros - I know, I'll pay full price, oh well.

They look like a great product, & Thanx for doing yet another needed part/set!

GLWTS! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Jasfsmith
I'm in for a set of white ones.
Mikey914

Black is correct, but white looks pretty sharp. At this price you could buy both and after the GB sell what you didn't like to make of for the other one?
My money is you'll want the white. biggrin.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 11 2019, 04:24 PM) *

Black is correct, but white looks pretty sharp. At this price you could buy both and after the GB sell what you didn't like to make of for the other one?
My money is you'll want the white. biggrin.gif

Well white it is then!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.