Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing an L Jet in a 72
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsaum
My 72 was converted to carbs long before I got it. I want to go back to fuel injection and have an L jet from the 75 1.8 engine that's in it. What does it take to convert the 72 to the L jet set up?

Thanks,
Jsaum
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jsaum @ May 8 2019, 05:55 PM) *

My 72 was converted to carbs long before I got it. I want to go back to fuel injection and have an L jet from the 75 1.8 engine that's in it. What does it take to convert the 72 to the L jet set up?

Thanks,
Jsaum

All of the relay boards on 914-4s are identical.

The L-Jet system does not use any of the relays on the relay board. L-Jet uses a different engine harness from D-Jet. It has a double relay connector coming out of it, and one extra yellow wire that comes out of the engine harness at the relay board. It plugs into one of the two rear most connectors on the 4-Pin connection at the left rear of the relay board.

So use the engine wiring harness from the 75 and you will be fine.

Hope that helps.

Clay

Clay
jsaum
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 9 2019, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE(jsaum @ May 8 2019, 05:55 PM) *

Thanks,
Jsaum

All of the relay boards on 914-4s are identical.

The L-Jet system does not use any of the relays on the relay board. L-Jet uses a different engine harness from D-Jet. It has a double relay connector coming out of it, and one extra yellow wire that comes out of the engine harness at the relay board. It plugs into one of the two rear most connectors on the 4-Pin connection at the left rear of the relay board.

So use the engine wiring harness from the 75 and you will be fine.

Hope that helps.

Clay

Yes, that's what I needed to know. Thanks!

Clay

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.