Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sketchy reply to a wtb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
Got a reply to my wtb for a euro lens. Seller posted a very cropped picture of a 911 lens. I was expecting the next email to include a request for PP friends and family or a money gram. If I’m wrong about this, my fault. If I’m right and it’s a scam, it’s just a warning to be careful out there. I do a lot of buying and selling for the shop and have seen a lot of scams. Some for $50, some for $25k. Many of the scammers have gotten really good and some drop names of people I know, garnered from past posts. So be really careful out there. 99.99% of the guys out there are great people. Unfortunately, it only takes one bad guy to ruin your day.
Cairo94507
Scammers make their living off of honest, hard working people like us. If they exerted 1/10 of the energy they invest in scamming and committing fraud, they would be successful business people. In today's world, technology is so fast and high quality that scammers stay at the forefront of how to con and rip people off. Everyone should go 5 levels deep when vetting someone who wants to sell you something, good or services, or buy something from you. We work hard for our money and letting people who are frauds and criminals take it is not acceptable. We all need to hold them accountable for their actions and "out" them so no one else gets burned. As you were gentlemen. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.