Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking break cables
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
I have a couple questions about the parking brake system as ive literally never had my parking brake work, and now i have to pass a state inspection dry.gif So here we go: are the cables the same cable on the left and right side of the car? and does anyone have the gear the brake handle latches on to, the W shaped piece that balances the two cables, and the spring that retains that W piece they could sell me?
Specracer
Left and Right are different lengths. You will want to make sure your cables are not frozen as one of your 1st steps.

@bdstone914 @chi-town Or Camp i bet will have the parts you need. If your cables are junk, new ones are ~$90 (when I looked recently, not knowing if mine were going to free up)
tazz9924
QUOTE(Specracer @ May 9 2019, 04:06 PM) *

Left and Right are different lengths. You will want to make sure your cables are not frozen as one of your 1st steps.

@bdstone914 @chi-town Or Camp i bet will have the parts you need. If your cables are junk, new ones are ~$90 (when I looked recently, not knowing if mine were going to free up)

im not even sure they’re still there i haven’t checked in a ling time. but thanks i’ll check there
Specracer
If you see anything poking through the firewall that the "W" attaches to, your cables are there. If you just have holes, cables are gone.
mepstein
You also need to know if the parking brake on your calipers actually work. Many don’t. PMB Performance will rebuild them to new and they have all the parts and cables to make the system work.
tazz9924
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 9 2019, 04:23 PM) *

You also need to know if the parking brake on your calipers actually work. Many don’t. PMB Performance will rebuild them to new and they have all the parts and cables to make the system work.

I seem to remember my calipers were rebuilt recentlyish, as in before i bought it like 3-4 years ago
Chi-town
I have all the hardware you need for the balance bar

The cables are different lengths left and right

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.