Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: My ports are bigger than yours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tygaboy
As some of you know, my buddy Martin was the primary design and fab guy for Kosman Specialties. He spend most of his career designing and fabricating ProStock drag racing motorcycle chassis and related items like wheelie bars.

Anyway, over the weekend, I helped him move some of the fixturing to a new shop. Part of the stash included this S&S engine.

It's obviously a V-twin but what I didn't know is that it's 3500cc! Runs on gasoline and makes about 400 hp. Pistons about the size of coffee cans. (That's "really f-ing big" for you youngsters who've never seen a real, live coffee can shades.gif )

This thing is scary.

Anyway, thought you might get a kick out of an "inside" look. laugh.gif
Superhawk996
Fuel economy isn't measured in Miles Per Gallon, rather, Gallons Per Mile! pray.gif
mepstein
I did have to read it twice since I just put together the 350 twin on my Morini. The pistons are “cute”.
bretth
Holy crap what is the expectation of time before a rebuild? Strange that it actually doesn't look that big or out of proportion in the photo. I'm guessing it has lower compression and some sort of super charger attached normally?
tygaboy
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 9 2019, 06:08 PM) *

Fuel economy isn't measured in Miles Per Gallon, rather, Gallons Per Mile! pray.gif

Well, Gallons Per 1/4 Mile anyway!
KELTY360
I’ll bet fuel consumption levels off once you’ve cleared the atmosphere. shades.gif
SirAndy
Someone please do the math and figure out how big the tank would need to be to give this "thing" a 200 mile range ...
unsure.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 10 2019, 11:36 AM) *

Someone please do the math and figure out how big the tank would need to be to give this "thing" a 200 mile range ...
unsure.gif

It'd be about 300L if you were doing 80 and actually using 400 hp. Realistically, you'd probably be using 40 hp and be a little less efficient so maybe you're talking about 50L. Just a SWAG though. No idea what the efficiency in one of these things is. blink.gif

Bet it consumes ~ 0.5L per 1/4 mile pass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.