Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car smells like 5th Avenue right before Christmas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
I am smelling the decidedly holiday season smell of roasting chestnuts, except in this case they’re roasting acorns from when this car was apparently parked under a tree.

This is a new one on me - any tips on where to look to clean the acorns out? Fresh air box in the front trunk?

Thanks!
SirAndy
Check the heater hose that goes from the flapper boxes to the opening in the longs.

I had critters get in there and make a nest inside the longs which resulted in a nice warm urine rodent smell and turned really aromatic when one of them died in there.
icon8.gif

Tdskip
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 10 2019, 11:34 AM) *

Check the heater hose that goes from the flapper boxes to the opening in the longs.

I had critters get in there and make a nest inside the longs which resulted in a nice warm urine rodent smell and turned really aromatic when one of them died in there.
icon8.gif

I bet that did!

Thanks Andy.
rgolia
The little effers love nesting in the longs. I put my scope down there and then the vacuum to remove the nuts and the bones. barf.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(rgolia @ May 10 2019, 02:26 PM) *

The little effers love nesting in the longs. I put my scope down there and then the vacuum to remove the nuts and the bones. barf.gif

Yep. Shove a vacuum hose from the engine bay into the longs and blow out the heat exchangers.
Tdskip
Thanks gentlemen - super helpful as always!
sixnotfour
stromberg.gif headbang.gif
sixnotfour
2nd owner , was a show car.. extreme ..night before Christmas
notice anode was the vin plate ..
Tdskip
Whoa
don-6
I had a hotdog muffler stored in a shed. When I got it out to install it, I found that rodents had built a nest in it. I pulled out as much as I could, and used compressed air to clear more. When mounted on the car, upon start-up, even more nest material blew out.
Once it seemed clear, I went for a test drive. A guy pulled up next to me and said "nice car, what are you running in it, Bio diesel? Because your exhaust stinks!"
I laughed and continued my drive. It took getting the exhaust hot a few times before the odor went away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.