Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Side shift conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tommy845
I have a 1972 914 with rear tail shaft trans thinking of converting it to side shift.

Was told it would be a big improvement

Thank You Sam I am new to the forum..Click to view attachment
mepstein
welcome.png

Easiest way is to buy a “kit” from a member here. Bdstone914 and one or two others have made them up for people. Besides the trans, you need engine crossmember, shift linkage and shifters plus a “conversion” firewall bushing. And the side shift trans you buy should be in n good shape. “Shifts through the gears” means nothing.
914werke
welcome.png
& yes it is an noticeable improvement
As Mark mentions above you can go about it a couple of ways, one is to replace your trans with an another side shift unit.
The other is if your tail'ie is in good condition, transfer the specific bits onto to "update" yours.
I have both the Base & Partial kit HERE

bye1.gif
Chi-town
I have everything except the engine brackets which Bruce has
bernbomb914
I have a good one for sale don't know what it is worth? also have two sportomatic trans for sale they are 911 trans. make offer they are in Temecula
Montreal914
welcome.png

Hi Sam, it was very nice meeting you the morning you got your car out! Glad you joined the forum first.gif

Let me know if you want to discuss this upgrade, I work in Glendora on Route 66 so were are neighbor.

BTW saw you this week heading west on 66 driving.gif car looks and sounds good!

Cheers beerchug.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.