Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got my vertical spare tire mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
Where can I get a space saver tire and rim for my 5 lug 914? I have wheel spacers and long studs will that matter for the rim style?

Thanks,
Buck
bdstone914
Try the Pelican 944 forum
Cairo94507
Nice job. I got mine from Harvey Weidman- Weidman Wheels in Oroville, CA. Give him a call.
porschetub
The width shouldn't be an issue but caliper clearance with a big brake car can be,from memory the 944 15''steel spacesaver is a no go or atleast for my car with 944s2 4 pots,the clearance is too fine for me.
The steel one is very heavy but the 964 alloy one I have is really much lighter,getting very spendy for these now but they are around.
I have a early 944 air compressor which is a good unit and cheaper than the 911 type .
I can't use a vertical tire mount due to the regulation police in my country but I would really like one as it would free up some more storage space.
mepstein
Stop by a Porsche shop and ask them what they have. We must have 20 of them but they are too pricey to ship if you can do local. Test fit to your wheel to make sure your wrench will tighten the nut down. Steel space savers are thinner and the nut will tighten further.
Steve
I sold mine on eBay. Lots of then there, but not cheap. I would do a want to buy on Pelican.
flyer86d
How about a Boxster spare. They are mounted vertically and are very light.

Charlie
Mark Henry
I picked up a 944T alunimum spare for $40, but good luck finding one for that price now, as the 356 guys (IIRC) have been snapping them up for outlaw rims.
AZBanks
PM Sent
Carl La Fong
Take your time and shop around. I paid about $50 for this one. Unfortunately I have actually had to use mine. biggrin.gif They work great but I think are limited to 50mph or so. NOT a good autocross tire. av-943.gif
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Carl La Fong @ May 13 2019, 11:44 AM) *

Take your time and shop around. I paid about $50 for this one. Unfortunately I have actually had to use mine. biggrin.gif They work great but I think are limited to 50mph or so. NOT a good autocross tire. av-943.gif

Nice, more pics of this frunk please, @carllafong
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.