Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Love my 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
klink
Don't know the strong points of all the different models. Some of the older ones are kind of Spartan in ammenities but perform excellently. There must be an all arround 'best of both worlds'. Money being no object I am interested in all of your opinions as I know many of you own multiple Porsche's. The 930 impresses me for a production car. What do you think?
dflesburg
If Santa Claus is taking orders from guys on the naughty list this year, I will take a Carrera GT in red please.
scotty b
put me down for a 959 please biggrin.gif Black. Or a 356 carrera speedster driving.gif Or a 908 aktion035.gif
ClayPerrine
I want a 1970 917L in LeMans trim.......

Then I would show up at the MUSR in it.

Think they would let me lead the tours???? driving.gif

scotty b
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jun 24 2005, 06:48 PM)
I want a 1970 917L in LeMans trim.......

Then I would show up at the MUSR in it.

Think they would let me lead the tours???? driving.gif

dry.gif Outside of Rick's alien, who else would have a chnce of keeping up with your "leading" laugh.gif
SGB
! cool.gif
Hawktel
959 for me please.

spare time toys
A good friend has a 930 with a bigger turbo + some other nice touches. WAY to fun and fast aktion035.gif . Of course its double black with BBS rims drooley.gif
anthony
959s are butt ugly though. If we were limiting this to street cars I'd go for:

Carrera 906 GTS
1973 Carrera RS
Any 911 RSR (not sure if any were street legal)
Carrera GT

Joe Bob
The one I happen to be driving the day I think about it....
klink
SGB forgive my ignorance but what model is that in your picture? Whatever it is, it is impressive! For the rest of the people I am interested in the reasons you like a particular model. Be it performance, handling or comfort I would be interested in your opinion. Is the 997 the best out there? Oh, besides the Carrera GT which is beyond the reach of most of us. I am still leaning towards the 930.....tell me I'm crazy!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (klink @ Jun 24 2005, 09:26 PM)
SGB forgive my ignorance but what model is that in your picture? Whatever it is, it is impressive! For the rest of the people I am interested in the reasons you like a particular model. Be it performance, handling or comfort I would be interested in your opinion. Is the 997 the best out there? Oh, besides the Carrera GT which is beyond the reach of most of us. I am still leaning towards the 930.....tell me I'm crazy!

That is a very early 917L. Pure race car. 12cylinder air cooled mid engine monster. After they finally (somewhat) solved the handling problems it would do around 250 mph down the Mulsanne straight at LeMans. driving.gif

250 MPH gives new meaning to the words "OH WOW!!!"

Watch the movie "Le Mans" The long tail 917 they talk about at the start of the film is the one that I want.
SirAndy
QUOTE (klink @ Jun 24 2005, 07:37 PM)
What's your favorite Porsche

for me, that would be the 904, hands down the schweetest porsche ever !!!!
if only i had the money (or someone came up with a 904 kit for the 914) ...

wub.gif
tod914
beerchug.gif prost Andy... 904 for styling without a doubt.
SGB
I think my first picture is a 910 long tail that was at Summit Point a couple of years ago. For road car, I'll take this one....
SGB
sorry that last one is so big. Here is another neat way to get around...
(908)
say, andy do you know the 904 "Flounder"?
jgiroux67
I would like most of all a black 914-6 with Gt styling and a 3.6L and no rust, but one of these would be cool too.
Hawktel
The 959 style grows on you. I like it because it is ugly. But, people in the know will be impressed.

Infact someday I'd like to get a 959 shell and put it on a C4.

I'd tell people its a replica. Then hopefully kick their ass with it, and explain the real thing is much faster.

Verruckt
I couldn't pick one... Hell, street or race???

In approximate order...

rsk
914/6 gt
RSR

Hell, I'd settle for whatever the Porsche "Ferry" gave me.
biggrin.gif
ken914
550 spyder (I would rather have the Beck, so I can flog it!)
904 (Beck makes a kit for the 904 now. I would rather have the Beck, so I can flog it!)

OR, If you want to drive it everyday, get a new 997 S (and flog it).

Brando
A 550 Spyder in, you guessed it, the fastest color: Silver

user posted image

Or a 904 with the flat-8 in black.
EdwardBlume
I saw a C-Gt on the freeway and it was quite impressive.... but I'd be up for a Beck 550 or 904.
redshift
I like 914s alot.

M
goose2
Hmmm...how about a Beck 550 with a big six and all the right stuff....about 5 lbs/hp?
carreraguy
For the street, a Bruce Canepa updated 959 like this one.
carreraguy
For the occasional DE event I would like one of these:
MattR
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 25 2005, 11:01 AM)
I like 914s alot.

M

agree.gif

I wouldnt say its my favorite, but its up there. I love the shape, the stance, and the little querks. And i LOVE the fact that so many people dont consider it a porsche... snobs.

Another one of my favorites is a 911R.

Granted, these are my favorite LOOKING porsches. These porsches arent the fastest or worth the most, but they look the best in my opinion. Im also a big fan of the 935, but more because of the innovations on that car.
klink
I saw a newer Cabriolet the other day and it was really impressive. My friends Grand Dad had a Porsche shop in So Cal years ago and had a 904. I have seen pictures and articles on it. Haven't seen one in person but it is really sweet. Standing next to it, it won't even come up to your waist and has to be alot lower than any 914. No comfort involved in this car but isn't that the way it is with racecars. I still think the 914 is a really special Porsche (Or I wouldn't be here). There are still a fair amount of them out there but that will probably change considering the rust issues. I truly believe that this forum and some others will keep them around a little longer.
nebreitling
my dream garage

550 kit stocker
904 kit beast with some modern touches
914/4 lightweight hotrod

guess i'm starting from the bottom up wink.gif
grantsfo
962 and a 904
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.