Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: interesting 76 fact
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
somewhere around 1976 serial number 3600 the factory did away with the front panel plugs leaving only one under the fight front bumper shock. Every subsequent car was this way. I who am supposed to know everything about 914 body variations, just learned this

Click to view attachment
Bleyseng
Yes, that's the way mine is too. .......4063
Chris914n6
I saw a panel like that on an early bumper car I almost bought. I thought it was a factory replacement panel as the car had accident damage on top of accident damage.
So it seems it was actually a late 76 clip...
SirAndy
What color is that car?
idea.gif
Chi-town
I have a 75 that's like this
mepstein
QUOTE(Chi-town @ May 13 2019, 06:59 PM) *

I have a 75 that's like this

I thought 75/76 were the same chassis.
windforfun
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 13 2019, 12:24 PM) *

somewhere around 1976 serial number 3600 the factory did away with the front panel plugs leaving only one under the fight front bumper shock. Every subsequent car was this way. I who am supposed to know everything about 914 body variations, just learned this

Click to view attachment

Hi George. I hope all is well. Why has your grammar become so bad?
914Sixer
I have never seen it before either.
horizontally-opposed
New one for me, too.

Revises the "every 914 was built with provision for an oil cooler like the competition 914-6." Love facts like this. Thanks for posting…
IronHillRestorations
I can't confirm 100% but I surmised the holes in the front panel were for fluid flow when the bodies were phosphated.
cdn914
That is news to me as well.
gms
We actual had this debate years back
914 Front Cross Panel, how they are different
mepstein
If the holes were for fluid flow, why did they take most of them away? I also heard it was for spot welding but then same question, why remove them? I'm guessing they kept the stamped shape for rigidity. Maybe the holes were for rigidity (dimple die) and they realized they could get the same result without having to punch them out but just keep the shape - one less step to manufacture. idea.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(windforfun @ May 14 2019, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 13 2019, 12:24 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Hi George. I hope all is well. Why has your grammar become so bad?

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif ,as a wise man said ''the day you stop learning is the day you die''.

sixnotfour
wait for it.....
sixnotfour
must of been leap yr for Dr. school...all mine + 2 nos panels....
914werke
QUOTE(gms @ May 13 2019, 05:56 PM) *
We actual had this debate years back

agree.gif
914werke
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 13 2019, 06:26 PM) *
wait for it.....

Dude, break out the weed wacker! biggrin.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(914werke @ May 14 2019, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 13 2019, 06:26 PM) *
wait for it.....

Dude, break out the weed wacker! biggrin.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif .
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.