Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What fuel pump you running?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
garrettlee2
I have a faucet pump with no regular and it seems to be having a hard time keeping up with fuel demand when I'm pushing it. Any other options out there people have had luck with? Also if you're running a regular what psi have you found works well? Thanks
porschetub
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ May 14 2019, 05:55 PM) *

I have a faucet pump with no regular and it seems to be having a hard time keeping up with fuel demand when I'm pushing it. Any other options out there people have had luck with? Also if you're running a regular what psi have you found works well? Thanks

Go to threads on here recently all covered in detail, besides the Facet pump is not that great anyway.
Spoke
I used Mr. Gasket 12S on my 2056 w/dual carbs. Puts our 4-7psi so didn't need a regulator.
Tbrown4x4
Kind of an overdone topic, but I have a CB Performance pump. 3.5 PSI.

I hated my clicky-clackity Facet. Glad to see it gone.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Spoke @ May 14 2019, 06:34 AM) *

I used Mr. Gasket 12S on my 2056 w/dual carbs. Puts our 4-7psi so didn't need a regulator.

Really that would be a problem, weber's can only handle about 3.5-4psi.
I'd say if you have no issues then that's what your pump is likely putting out.
Chi-town
Carter P60430 3 psi unit, inexpensive, fits under the tank nicely
GregAmy
GM TBI in-tank pump, mounted inside my fuel cell.
porschetub
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 14 2019, 11:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Spoke @ May 14 2019, 06:34 AM) *

Really that would be a problem, weber's can only handle about 3.5-4psi.
I'd say if you have no issues then that's what your pump is likely putting out.

agree.gif ,for some reason my Carter put out more than the stated 3.5psi,didn't worry me as I had regulator and gauge anyway,my Zeniths were spilling over a small amount so I set to just over 3.0 psi and all is good.
My carbs were reconditioned using genuine float valves ,my float heights were checked and still in spec as the sealing washers in the kit were the same as the old ones.
IMO its not safe to assume a pump is putting out X amount of pressure,for the cost of a regulator ,good liquid filled gauge and and a few hose tails its good peace of mind to use one.
GeorgeRud
Pierburg pump mounted by the steering rack.
Carl La Fong
I have been using these for years. CB Performance. Webber 44's.
Chi-town
That's the Carter pump I mentioned
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.