Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Hood Bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPic
The PO used bolts that were too long and had a point on the end that dimpled the exterior of the hood. I'm trying to find the correct bolts, washer and lock washer for mounting the hood to the hinge but they aren't even listed in PET. headbang.gif

Anyone know the correct size and or part number? Diagram below, the line for number 2 points to where the bolts go. I also need the number for the bolt that goes in the bottom of number 3. Not the shoulder bolt that is P/N 4

Thanks in advance....

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
m8x10 same as rear trunk..

the pointed ones are door bolts
BPic
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 14 2019, 09:27 AM) *

m8x10 same as rear trunk..

the pointed ones are door bolts

Thanks! Appreciated as always.
Chi-town
The pointed bolts are the door hinge bolts
Superhawk996
mad.gif

I'm telling you. We should start a thread of all the stupid stuff people have done to these cars over the years.

I understand that we all had to learn basic mechanical skills somewhere. Many of us learned by taking apart our toys in childhood - some graduated to putting them back together before being caught. biggrin.gif Some of us learned by fixing our bicycles.

Apparently some learned by 1st buying a 914 and then committed horrors that are only unearthed later.

ar15.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 14 2019, 11:13 AM) *

mad.gif

I'm telling you. We should start a thread of all the stupid stuff people have done to these cars over the years.

I understand that we all had to learn basic mechanical skills somewhere. Many of us learned by taking apart our toys in childhood - some graduated to putting them back together before being caught. biggrin.gif Some of us learned by fixing our bicycles.

Apparently some learned by 1st buying a 914 and then committed horrors that are only unearthed later.

ar15.gif

You mean the PO of one of my parts cars replacing the floor pan with plywood. The entire pan! He was the original owner and said he loved his car but... headbang.gif chair.gif In reality, that list of DPO stupid stuff is probably so long it would consume the entire internet and bring civilization to a halt
Superhawk996
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 14 2019, 11:34 AM) *

You mean the PO of one of my parts cars replacing the floor pan with plywood. The entire pan! He was the original owner and said he loved his car but... headbang.gif chair.gif

I hope it was at least 3/4" exterior grade and not that amateurish OSB. lol-2.gif av-943.gif
rhodyguy
ACX plywood. For the fine furniture finish ready for the stain or your choice. ? Is, A on the bottom or top.
mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 14 2019, 05:19 PM) *

ACX plywood. For the fine furniture finish ready for the stain or your choice. ? Is, A on the bottom or top.

It is the bottom and top. Wood hinges holding on the seats. Seatbelt anchor nut attached to nothing.

Car lived whole life on east coast and it shows.
Superhawk996
first.gif

You gotta post photo of that death trap cheer.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 14 2019, 06:24 PM) *

first.gif

You gotta post photo of that death trap cheer.gif

Like most east coast cars, it looks good from 20 but has serious issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.