Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Fedora 4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Verruckt
I see Fedora 4 is out. I downloaded the iso's, but havent tried it yet. Anyone else here mess with it yet? I would hate to wipe out one of my machines to "try" it. Is it worth it? Dare I ask if Bluecurve is gone? rolleyes.gif

..:can't decide:.. unsure.gif
bd1308
I work with people who used Fedora Core 3....I was unaware that Core 4 was even out. I use debian wink.gif text mode........
Verruckt
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jun 24 2005, 09:01 PM)
I work with people who used Fedora Core 3....I was unaware that Core 4 was even out. I use debian wink.gif text mode........

You elitist... rolleyes.gif

I have Fedora 3 on my snort box, but I don't feel like setting that up again. I need another pc to do my "dev" work. I'm mostly a Debian fan, but slowly migrating towards Gentoo. Portage is like Apt on steroids wub.gif
bd1308
Gentoo? Wtf man.... sarge went stable. stick with debian.
Verruckt
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jun 24 2005, 09:26 PM)
Gentoo? Wtf man.... sarge went stable. stick with debian.

Yeah I know. I love Debian. It's been my mainstay for about 3 years. But change is good sometimes biggrin.gif
bd1308
well at least i have someone else in my boat.
Part Pricer

I installed Core 4 today. On the surface, it does not appear much different than 3.

There are some things that I really like though. Open Office 2.0 is well worth it. And, WIFi device support and utilities are much better than the previous version.

BTW, you can just upgrade your old system. Data and user settings will survive the upgrade.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.