Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: additional oil heater solutions for 2.0/4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CheeRS
Bonsoir, I looking for a premium quality additional oil heater for my 914GB.
Do you have some experiences feedback ?

Thanks

Fred from Paris
ChrisFoley
I think you mean oil cooler.
Tangerine Racing Remote Oil Cooler Kits
Dave_Darling
First: Do you know you need extra cooling? If you do not, it is probably best to not add the potential failure points (leaks, etc.) to the car.

If you do need an external cooler, there are a number of different types of installation. Among the choices you face are where to mount the cooler, how to get air into and out of the cooler, how to run hoses to the cooler, what size cooler to use, how effective you need it to be, and if you have enough oil pump to move the oil through the cooler setup.

One of my priorities was to not cut the body of the car, so I chose a location that was not very good for cooling but did not require any cutting and had hoses that were relatively easy to route. I figured (hoped) that a large cooler with a fan would offset the poor location, which it does to some extent.

The most effective cooler will be in cold high-pressure air and have a ducted exhaust into a low-pressure area. The GT-style cooler at the front of the car is quite effective; a front-trunk-mounted cooler that exhausts up through a modified front lid is probably even more effective. I put my cooler under the rear trunk floor with an electric fan on it. It sits in hot air there and doesn't get good air flow, but it does have an effect.

There are setups that put the cooler in the engine bay (easy to mount; short runs of hose; doesn't get that much cold air and can heat up the engine bay a bit more), and I have seen a few in other locations.

I can't open the link Chris provided above, but you can generally be confident in anything that he puts his brand on.

--DD
Mblizzard
I do not have Dave’s experience but if you are going to go down the path of an external oil cooler do it right. In my opinion Tangerine Racing has the best complete bolt on system out there.

Not cheap! But the quality and complete system is there. I did it my self with unmatched components before buying Chris’s system and did not achieve the results I needed. Do it once and do it right. Buy the Tangerine system.
CheeRS
Thanks guys, more ASAP
ctc911ctc
Fred from Paris, how about a picture of your car please?

QUOTE(CheeRS @ May 16 2019, 01:30 PM) *

Thanks

Fred from Paris

CheeRS
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ May 17 2019, 10:49 AM) *

Fred from Paris, how about a picture of your car please?

QUOTE(CheeRS @ May 16 2019, 01:30 PM) *

Thanks

Fred from Paris

Here is smile.gif http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=337989
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.