Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hell Hole Time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tvdinnerbythepool
I've had my car for almost a year now, and due to a variety of issues i'm fighting, finally took the plunge. I pulled the motor and trans out and am attacking the rust in the hell hole.
It's pretty much as expected, I think it could have been a lot worse considering a life in the rainy PNW.
Lots of parts from SM, Pelican and 914 Rubber soon to go in. Running stainless gas lines and re-locating the fuel filter up front (Pump is already up there). Sending the ejectors out.
Valve adjustment and confirming TDC and 27 degree marks etc.
Wish me luck! I'm sure i'll be calling on you all for help, lol!
tvdinnerbythepool
Click to view attachment
mark04usa
Looks like a solid worthy car, in a great color. Press on beerchug.gif
r_towle
Associate club member... smile.gif
mtndawg
Wow, not much rust there. Just wash and go.
defianty
Looks like you're tackling it at just the right time as you know it could get a lot worse. Good luck - it's not fun welding cramped up in the engine bay. And if you're like me every time you get in there you forget a tool! laugh.gif
tvdinnerbythepool
Agreed, better now than later. I got that passenger side tray out and looks like that's all that needs replacing.
And yes, forgotten tools, phone calls, you name it, the second I get in there it's time I climb back out for something! blink.gif headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.