Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: questions about a 205AA Dizzy with dual IDF weber 40's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Downerman
Anyone experienced with the actual install of both the dual Idf 40 webers (mine are from redline) and a 205AA distributor in a 2056 - 1973 2.0 with a mild Elgin cam ?

I've read that some have used the vacuum from the carbs, (Small screws in bottom) others say plug the vacuum on the dizzy and run with it. Ive seen timing from 28 to 32.

Application is spirited road/street driving, touring and trips to the grocery store.

If pics are available that would be great. Just trying to understand what your vacuum plumbing looks like from the carbs, all the way to the dizzy if possible.

After weeks of trying to dial in the MPS /injectors, ECU, decel valve and everything in-between I'm done. New Bowlsby harness, and countless hours and messages with resources, it just does not run well and I don't have the time and knowledge to go any further. I understand all of the finer points of why FI is a good system but I'm going to go with something I know how to do. Boxing all the parts up and keeping for someone down the road to have fun with. Turn me over and baste me...I'm done with FI.
jdamiano
I have the Redline kit on my stock 2.0. You have to use a lower pressure fuel pump and a different distributor. I strongly recommend the Petronix with their coil. I’m very happy with this setup. Might consider a new tunnel steel fuel line if you haven’t already swapped the rubber ones.
914bub
Apparently, you're done with US terminology as well. It's still a distributor here unless your smoking fags and installing black and white tile on the floor!
Downerman
QUOTE(jdamiano @ May 17 2019, 12:22 PM) *

I have the Redline kit on my stock 2.0. You have to use a lower pressure fuel pump and a different distributor. I strongly recommend the Petronix with their coil. I’m very happy with this setup. Might consider a new tunnel steel fuel line if you haven’t already swapped the rubber ones.

thanks for the reply... yeah I have a new fuel pump and regulator coming. Carbs are here on Monday as well as the Dizzy. I hear really sweet things about the 205AA and want to give that a try. I'm also getting the Pertronix unit for that dizzy. Yeah new stainless lines, tank...the works are in place.
Downerman
QUOTE(914bub @ May 17 2019, 12:54 PM) *

Apparently, you're done with US terminology as well. It's still a distributor here unless your smoking fags and installing black and white tile on the floor!

Yeah well I still call Modesto MOTOWN too so I guess I'm out of touch. But thanks for the reply.
jdamiano
QUOTE(Downerman @ May 17 2019, 02:02 PM) *

thanks for the reply... yeah I have a new fuel pump and regulator coming. Carbs are here on Monday as well as the Dizzy. I hear really sweet things about the 205AA and want to give that a try. I'm also getting the Pertronix unit for that dizzy. Yeah new stainless lines, tank...the works are in place.

I’m not familiar with that distributor. If it fights you at all get the Pertronix distributor. No vacuum to worry about and the advance curve suits the 914 2.0 well. I think I paid 160 bucks on Amazon for the distributor and matching coil and it came next day. Super easy to install.
rhodyguy
Are you planning on using the Djet version? If so why? You can use the Ljet and skip the vac advance. They tend to sell for far less money. The non vac 123 would be be the ticket if you have the coin.
Downerman
QUOTE(jdamiano @ May 17 2019, 01:26 PM) *

I’m not familiar with that distributor. If it fights you at all get the Pertronix distributor. No vacuum to worry about and the advance curve suits the 914 2.0 well. I think I paid 160 bucks on Amazon for the distributor and matching coil and it came next day. Super easy to install.

Was that the per-d18664 (DIZZY) and matching coil Hcc-c10-5842?

jdamiano
QUOTE(Downerman @ May 17 2019, 04:15 PM) *

QUOTE(jdamiano @ May 17 2019, 01:26 PM) *

Was that the per-d18664 (DIZZY) and matching coil Hcc-c10-5842?

That’s them. Just make sure you note what cylinder the existing rotor is pointing to and position the new one the same when you install it. If not you could install it 180 degrees off. Only goes in right or 180 wrong. Set the timing to I think 34 full advance and you should be good. Verify the advance I’m going on memory with the 34
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.