Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does this white wire go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John90290
1975 1.8 FI. Got engine back in and most things commented bit don’t know what this white wire connects to ?
dlee6204
That wire should be connected to your CHT sensor. The other wire connector that you currently have your cht plugged into with the green wire... that green wire I think goes to your oil temperature sensor IIRC.
windforfun
What does CHT mean?
914werke
cylinder head temp
dr914@autoatlanta.com
good call

QUOTE(dlee6204 @ May 18 2019, 11:46 AM) *

That wire should be connected to your CHT sensor. The other wire connector that you currently have your cht plugged into with the green wire... that green wire I think goes to your oil temperature sensor IIRC.

Bleyseng
How rich did it run? piratenanner.gif
SirAndy

agree.gif

Green/Black is oil temp, there should be a matching one coming out of the main harness on the fire wall that plugs into that instead of the CHT.

sunglasses.gif

John90290
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 19 2019, 08:16 AM) *

agree.gif

Green/Black is oil temp, there should be a matching one coming out of the main harness on the fire wall that plugs into that instead of the CHT.

sunglasses.gif

I got the green red out of harness to oil pressure switch. White now to cht. This leaves the green black unattached. That’s the one I had connected to the cht. In the original picture.
SirAndy
QUOTE(John90290 @ May 19 2019, 09:20 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 19 2019, 08:16 AM) *

agree.gif

I got the green red out of harness to oil pressure switch. White now to cht. This leaves the green black unattached. That’s the one I had connected to the cht. In the original picture.

*main* harness, not engine harness.

There should be a green/black coming out of the main harness near the hell hole. There should be a couple of wires that split to the passenger side from the main snorkel coming up in the center of the firewall.
idea.gif

John90290
The green black is out of the hell hole area. Don’t know where it goes?
John90290
The green black is out of the hell hole area. Don’t know where it goes?
Dave_Darling
It goes under the car. On cars that have an oil temperature gauge, there should be a wire across the front of the motor on the underside of the engine tin, terminating in a connector under that area. The wire pictured there goes down through a hole in the engine shelf--or possibly that hole in the engine tin that is covered by the black plug in your pic?--and connects to it.

--DD
John90290
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 19 2019, 10:50 AM) *

It goes under the car. On cars that have an oil temperature gauge, there should be a wire across the front of the motor on the underside of the engine tin, terminating in a connector under that area. The wire pictured there goes down through a hole in the engine shelf--or possibly that hole in the engine tin that is covered by the black plug in your pic?--and connects to it.

--DD

awesomeness!!! You guys are great! Now I have to get the fuel pump working. That’s another post sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.