Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Ignition Switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdamiano
Working on my friends Creamsicle today and we found the recently shop replaced ignition switch is bad. It’s was not starting intermediately so we pulled it from the column and tested it with a meter. No continuity one out of about every five tries. Felt like a cheap replacement part. Are there some better than others?
dlee6204
I only get my ignition switches from Porsche. Only about $40. I’ve tried many of the cheap brands and have never been happy. So far so good on the Porsche ones. Another tip... I always shim the switches around the diameter to prevent premature failure.
porschetub
Currently running Pelican Meisterstatz for the huge sum of $9.75,three years and still works.
76-914
IIRC, previous posts indicated they are a crap shoot. Some lasted a few weeks and others were still working after a few years. confused24.gif I bought a couple of used OEM switches from Bruce Stone and keep one in my glove box as a spare. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.