Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling FI Experts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jdamiano
Working on my friends Creamsicle today because it had intermittent cranking and cranking with no start issues. We traced the no crank issues to the ignition switch and finished breaking the no start issues. It just cranks and sounds like it’s gonna go for a second then nothing. Fuel pressure is 28psi while cranking. Fires right up with a squirt of starting fluid and runs off it for a couple seconds then dies. Seems the injectors aren’t firing. Is power for the FI through the ignition switch? Since it’s wonky with cranking I’m thinking maybe it’s bad for other functions.
76-914
QUOTE(jdamiano @ May 18 2019, 05:57 PM) *

Working on my friends Creamsicle today because it had intermittent cranking and cranking with no start issues. We traced the no crank issues to the ignition switch and finished breaking the no start issues. It just cranks and sounds like it’s gonna go for a second then nothing. Fuel pressure is 28psi while cranking. Fires right up with a squirt of starting fluid and runs off it for a couple seconds then dies. Seems the injectors aren’t firing. Is power for the FI through the ignition switch? Since it’s wonky with cranking I’m thinking maybe it’s bad for other functions.
None of the injectors are squirtin? Check that you didn't knock the connector loose at the bottom of dizzy. beerchug.gif
BeatNavy
The trigger point connectors at the back of the dizzy ground the injectors in pairs causing them to "fire." If that connector is disconnected you won't get any fuel, so it won't even attempt to start. I agree, that is the first thing I would check.
cary
Plus check the harness grounds. That was my issue once.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 18 2019, 06:12 PM) *

The trigger point connectors at the back of the dizzy ground energize the injectors in pairs causing them to "fire." If that connector is disconnected you won't get any fuel, so it won't even attempt to start. I agree, that is the first thing I would check.

Fixed it for you. The D-Jet FI system is always grounded through the three pairs of wires in the harness, at the top rear of the engine case. Its not a switched ground system. The trigger points provide initiation of the fuel injection pulse. The pulse length is determined by the ECU from inputs of the sensors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.