Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Horn placement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
tailwind22
The sixes came with dual horns, 335 MHz and 400 mhz. Anyone know which one goes on what side?
davep
Good question, but difficult to answer. I do not think the handedness will matter in the long run.
rgalla9146
Great question and appreciate your interest in getting all details right.
For now I would place them as the brackets tell you they were.
The wires might also reveal placement especially if the isolator brackets have not been removed from he horns.
By the way...all '6 ' horns (all early cars) were assembled with nuts and bolts...
not riveted.
gcrotvik
If I had to guess, I suspect they are placed low to high, numerically, left to right.
Tom_T
I would presume that the standard equipment single horn location, which IIRC was the 335 MHz (but not sure), dictate where the 2nd horn would go. IIRC the standard single horn went on the driver side. Then the 2nd horn would go opposite.

I think this was how the 914/4's 1970-76 were done with the 2nd horn added for the App. Grp. cars & for the few of those with the solo dual horn option.

However, I'd like to hear from some of our 914-6 experts &/or OOs of -6's on that.

Even if the 914/4's had it in the way in which I described above, they were all assembled in the Karmann plant - since the -6's were partially assembled there, but then completed in Stuttgart, they could differ.

popcorn[1].gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
tailwind22
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Jun 30 2019, 11:16 AM) *

If I had to guess, I suspect they are placed low to high, numerically, left to right.

That's how I ended up placing them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.