StratPlayer
Car is running lean, how to richen it up
porschetub
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 20 2019, 08:32 AM) *

Car is running lean, how to richen it up

Factory FI or carbs?
Rand
how to richen it up

More fuel? tongue.gif I think someone is pulling our leg. I inserted a new foot pedal so his guitar will sound funny until he turns the right knobs.
rhodyguy
Factory Djet. Not sure on the dist.
StratPlayer
Factory DJet 123 dizzy 2056
Rand
Is it lean across the rpm range, or just idle?
StratPlayer
lean under load, ie: climbing a hill, CHT temp soars to the dangerous range. I have a dakota digital CHT gauge installed thot's I can say the dangerous range. I have the cooling flaps open for summer driving.
I just opened them up last week when I saw those CHT temps soaring under load. Speed 75 5th gear rpm 3100. will pull the plugs tomorrow to inspect them. Running lean
76-914
Jim, if it only happens during a climb out on the Hi-Way I'd suspect the MPS needs a little adjustment on the full load. It's been so damned long since I futzed with D-Jet but IIRC there is an adjustment for the full load "only" side. One of the adjustments effect both ends and I forget but maybe there is also a 3rd function. Drop it off at Eric's. biggrin.gif
StratPlayer
Eric and I discussed this, car will going in next week.
JRust
Man for some reason when your motor went last time. I thought you went crazy & had Eric throw a 6 in there
StratPlayer
Update: Well the car went into PMB to find the lean issue. The following photo's are courtesy of PMB. The MPS had to be rebuilt, someone was in there before and solder a bead to try and stop it from leaking of course at that time there were no rebuilt kits for the MPS. The big culprit turned out to be the plenum as you will see in the pics. The plenum was tig welded completely, cracks everything.. Air Sucking Bitch. Thanks to my dakota digital CHT gauge it saved this engine from some serious damage. It's a new build as well.
Click to view attachment Cylinder #3 CHT gauge attached to it.Click to view attachment
76-914
Shit. That plenum was a leaker. I'll bet it pulls better now.
johnlush
Kudos to you for spotting the issue and getting it addressed before it caused serious issues. Refinished plenum looks awesome! beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Way to go smile.gif Great analysis and quick results.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.