Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VDO cylinder head temp. gauge and sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carl La Fong
I have been looking for a VDO cylinder head temp. gauge with the under the spark plug sender and haven't been able to find one. Mine is no longer working and I kind of miss having it. Does anyone know where they can be bought?
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Carl La Fong @ May 21 2019, 06:46 PM) *

I have been looking for a VDO cylinder head temp. gauge with the under the spark plug sender and haven't been able to find one. Mine is no longer working and I kind of miss having it. Does anyone know where they can be bought?

North Hollywood Speedometer, on Lankershim Bl. N.H. Calif.
If I recall it is 2 3/16" dia housing
KevinW
There is one for sale on EBay for $195 plus $40 shipping from Australia. No affiliation
mtc911
QUOTE(Carl La Fong @ May 21 2019, 07:46 PM) *

I had been looking all over for one too. Couldn't find one - Automobile Atlanta guys referred me here - https://www.discountegauges.com i have one on order...supposed to be another week or two to get it - guy is super nice about it - having trouble with one of his suppliers but expects it to ship this week.

Things are impossible to find

worn
QUOTE(Carl La Fong @ May 21 2019, 05:46 PM) *

Mine originally came I think fro:aircraft spruce. Never much liked mine cause it weren’t temp corrected.
Ansbacher
I got the same runaround from "Timmy" at discountegauges.com. Ordered my CHT gauge and sensor 23 days ago with no indication of shipment and the same repeated story about problems with a supplier. Started feeling like I was the rube that just fell off the turnip truck, so cancelled my order today. To his credit, he did reimburse me immediately. I will try another order when I KNOW he has inventory to ship. Good luck.

Ansbacher
Carl La Fong
I bought a sender and wiring from these guys. https://www.jbugs.com/ I'll try replacing this before I get a new gauge.
StratPlayer
Carl vdo no longer makes the gauge. Dakota digital is the gauge you want much better.
cwpeden
In stock, ready to ship: https://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?Prod...DO%2D323%2D701B

No gauge though
Porschef
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ May 22 2019, 12:10 AM) *

Carl vdo no longer makes the gauge. Dakota digital is the gauge you want much better.

agree.gif

Been accurate and flawless for years.
sithot
Ratwell with Samba review

Ratwell

The Samba

GregAmy
Camping onto this...I'm looking for a CHT sensor with a 0-5V output for the race car data acq system...
Mark Henry
Aircraft spruce Micro 1000, almost looks like a VDO and fits the same hole. You need the gauge, sender and the long extension harness. Temp corrected.
bernbomb914
aircraft spruce had them for VW aircraft eng. for all four cly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.