Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: installing air on a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We had to pull the engine anyway to address a leaking head, but decided to reinstall ac on this 914 as it had it originally installed by the dealer. All of the holes are drilled and the front condenser is still there although we are going to replace it. We are using a brand new kit from Classic Auto Air.Click to view attachment
Minerva's 914
COOL!!!

My A/C is top off and then activate the A/C control knob;

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 22 2019, 07:34 AM) *

We had to pull the engine anyway to address a leaking head, but decided to reinstall ac on this 914 as it had it originally installed by the dealer. All of the holes are drilled and the front condenser is still there although we are going to replace it. We are using a brand new kit from Classic Auto Air.

That wall unit is a little large, no?
My 914
Does Classic Auto Air make a unit specific for the 914?
Rand
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ May 22 2019, 06:40 AM) *

My A/C is top off and then activate the A/C control knob

Mine too beerchug.gif
When it nears triple digits, I break out the water mister and smile even bigger.
JmuRiz
Wish mine had vent windows like the 356...makes a huge difference.

I would like to do an electric AC setup in my conversion some day. I guess I should upgrade my alternator so I'm ready if I ever do.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes we are doing two air jobs and will report, we used to get them from a guy in oklahoma but he died, then classic air came out with them, so we are going to see how good they are by installing two in a row.

If it works out, we will be able to install air on any 914 that comes into the shop, and sell the units as well

I always tell the story of my best friend Frank and I driving identical malaga 914 2.0 s five hours to Hilton Head (the closest beach to Atlanta) in the summer of 79 with our girlfriends. Mine had air his did not. By the time we got there, the girl and I were fresh and cool and ready for the evening activities, Frank and his girl were ragged and tired!!!! Loved to have air conditioning on my 914

QUOTE(My 914 @ May 22 2019, 12:58 PM) *

mepstein
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 22 2019, 04:32 PM) *

Wish mine had vent windows like the 356...makes a huge difference.

I would like to do an electric AC setup in my conversion some day. I guess I should upgrade my alternator so I'm ready if I ever do.

The upgraded alternator that classic retrofit sells is around $750. I would just wait until you get the system.

Hopefully they will do the upgraded 914 airbox. All the other 911 electric air system parts will fit a 914.
jim_hoyland

See:. https://www.classicautoair.com/shop/1975-po...tioning-system/

barefoot
Seem too good to be true, this showed up in my e-mail in box, have not tried it but i have a USB port on my dash:

https://worldnowtrending.com/aircooler/page...NzIxNjEzYzk0Nzg
mepstein
QUOTE(barefoot @ May 29 2019, 12:28 PM) *

Seem too good to be true, this showed up in my e-mail in box, have not tried it but i have a USB port on my dash:

https://worldnowtrending.com/aircooler/page...NzIxNjEzYzk0Nzg

The last think I want blowing on me in the car is hot moist air.
Dave_Darling
Another variation on the old Swamp Cooler... Not very effective in humid areas!

--DD
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes we are installing two of their units now,

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 22 2019, 05:47 PM) *

See:. https://www.classicautoair.com/shop/1975-po...tioning-system/

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.