Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eh Carumba!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Ah crap, Towed home yesterday. The more I work on this thing the worse it gets. The main cable from the battery shorted out to ground on the starter. We pinched it between the starter and the trunk the last time we put the engine back in.

I was driving home and suddenly nothing I mean absolutely nothing. So I pull into a parking lot and pop the engine lid and start at the battery, still there but very warm. Main cable very hot and the insulation is soft. I look at where it exits tin and thats OK. So, I scoot under the lft rear, burn my chin on the exhaust an see melted insulation on the starter.

AAA to the rescue. They had a tow truck there in 30 min and we drug it home. Replaced the cable with one out of the stash this morning. Unfortunately, it looks like the Optima is trash. It's still under warranty but, I can't stick them with this.

The more I work on this thing the more problems that pop up from missing details. I gotta pay better attention.

Dave
davep
How is the alternator working out?
DNHunt
It's not in the car right now. I'm putting it in with a new engine.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.