Full Version: 914 50 Jahre floor mats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bahnzai
No affiliation, just saw these and thought the logo was neat smile.gif

https://www.stoddard.com/91455100050.html

$132 for the set

Click to view attachment

dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have plenty in stock,. but porsche only made them for the early cars, they creep up the firewall on the late 72-76 models on the pass side, but we beggars cannot be choosers.

QUOTE(bahnzai @ May 23 2019, 10:06 AM) *

No affiliation, just saw these and thought the logo was neat smile.gif

https://www.stoddard.com/91455100050.html

$132 for the set

Click to view attachment

gms
ECS Tuning has them for $118
Mine arrived yesterday

Click to view attachment
bbrock
Mine arrived yesterday from Sunset Porsche. $111.61

IPB Image
roblav1
Received mine a couple days ago too. Where exactly do they not fit right on 72+ cars passenger side? At the footwell?
bbrock
QUOTE(roblav1 @ May 24 2019, 07:48 AM) *

Received mine a couple days ago too. Where exactly do they not fit right on 72+ cars passenger side? At the footwell?

Yeah. You can see in my pic above that when I install the foam block, the mat will run up on it about 4 inches. I don't think it will be a big deal over the gray perlon I'll be putting in.

Edit: Adding a pic with my foam block in place.

Click to view attachment
gms
you could always use the early foot well foam piece
or buy a 914/6 biggrin.gif
Unobtanium-inc
Those are cool.
I bought two sets from South Bay Porsche..Tried one set in my "6" and did not like the way it fit over the original carpet..I think they would fit better with the original carpet out..They are nice and really cool I kept one set as they are only making 914 sets of them..
914/Alan
JFJ914
QUOTE(914 @ May 24 2019, 10:26 AM) *

I bought two sets from South Bay Porsche..Tried one set in my "6" and did not like the way it fit over the original carpet..I think they would fit better with the original carpet out..They are nice and really cool I kept one set as they are only making 914 sets of them..
914/Alan

They replace the original carpet, they don't cover them.
bbrock
QUOTE(JFJ914 @ May 24 2019, 08:37 AM) *

QUOTE(914 @ May 24 2019, 10:26 AM) *

914/Alan

They replace the original carpet, they don't cover them.

agree.gif Here's the label with instructions on the back

Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
Clearly translated from German to Chinese to English.

Reminds me of the old joke:

Why are men like floors? Lay em' right the first time . . . . then you can walk on them forever. laugh.gif

Lost a few good friends to the truth contained within that joke. av-943.gif
UROpartsman
These mats are super cool, our resident 914 expert bought some and was showing everyone.
Superhawk996
I'll bet if you want to get super fancy, a local upholstery shop could fix the length.

1) Hem removal tool to cut thread on the edge binding.
2) Shorten the carpet as needed
3) Rebind the edge the recycled binding - with appropriate thread to match the original thread.
4) Save the "extra" binding that would be left over to sell in 914World classifieds 50 years from now when someone needs to fix a small cut. lol-2.gif
worn
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 24 2019, 09:37 AM) *

I'll bet if you want to get super fancy, a local upholstery shop could fix the length.

1) Hem removal tool to cut thread on the edge binding.
2) Shorten the carpet as needed
3) Rebind the edge the recycled binding - with appropriate thread to match the original thread.
4) Save the "extra" binding that would be left over to sell in 914World classifieds 50 years from now when someone needs to fix a small cut. lol-2.gif

Excellent plan except that I have no expectation of 50 years from now.
roblav1
Why not shave the foam block?
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 24 2019, 01:37 PM) *

Save the "extra" binding that would be left over to sell in 914World classifieds 50 years from now when someone needs to fix a small cut. lol-2.gif

Or is bitching about the DAPO that CUT the early floormats to fit a later car thereby RUINING this classic NLA part. sad.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.