Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-4 vs 914-6 electrical harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wadesbrain
For my build I'm looking at replacing the whole wire harness. I'm thinking about
having kroon build one for me. They sell a 914-6 but I dont see a -4 listed. Does anyone know the difference? Is there another option for a whole new body harness?
914Sixer
Lots of differences in the wiring harnesses. NOT interchangeable. Just about every year model of all the versions are different.
mepstein
The six was built for carbs, left side ignition and a couple other small differences. Most people just use the original harness and repair as needed. Kroon is about $2,500 and only makes the six harness. 914rubber is doing FI engine harnesses and they need replacement more often due to the heat from the engine. Aase had some nos 914-4 chassis harness for a ‘71. Restoration design is making chassis harness but it’s not first on their list right now. If your existing harness is no good, you can put a WTB on World and usually get a decent one for $75-200.

welcome.png
rgalla9146
What is wrong with your harness ?
How 'converted ' do you want your car ?
My GT project is a '75.
The original harness came with the car but had been partially painted when the car
color was changed.....not easy to fix. It was also in two pieces.
Next came various and difficult issues adapting it to a correct 6 steering column and ignition switch...and three speed wipers...and carbs...and different alternator...and
relay board.
Too much electricity for me.
My choice was easy. I've had a used OE 6 chassis harness salted away for years.
If you can do it get a repro harness.
I feel it will be easier to adapt a 911 column, ignition switch and
directional and wiper/washer switches.
If you're doing a 'simple' conversion take Marks advise....find a good used 4 harness.
mepstein
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 23 2019, 10:27 PM) *

My GT project is a '75.
The original harness came with the car but had been partially painted when the car
Next came various and difficult issues adapting it to a correct 6 steering column and ignition switch...and three speed wipers...and carbs...and different alternator...and
relay board.
If you're doing a 'simple' conversion take Marks advise....find a good used 4 harness.

Rory - I'm not sure the OP is doing a conversion.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 23 2019, 10:51 PM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 23 2019, 10:27 PM) *

My GT project is a '75.
relay board.
If you're doing a 'simple' conversion take Marks advise....find a goodhttp://www.914world.com/bbs2/style_images/L11E/folder_rte_images/blackdot.gif used 4 harness.

Rory - I'm not sure the OP is doing a conversion.

OH !.......never mind. sad.gif
.....my one track mind.
mepstein
I had sent a 914-4 harness to Kroon but he decided not to build them. Just the 6.
porschetub
Contact member timmy2 on Pelican,he could copy yours or repair it for you ,pretty sure he is doing 911 ones,as long as yours is intact he could do it.
Repairing it is and option if you are good with that sort of thing however he will have all the correct coloured wire etc.
Give it a try,could well be cheaper than $2.5K and really knows his stuff,good luck.
peteyd
Right now we are focusing on remaking the 911 harnesses. But I can do repairs on existing harnesses that have all the /6 specific components. We just ask that you send your current harness to us.

Pete
RD
rick 918-S
Check with Jeff Bowlsby. I had him refub the FI harness for 7 of 9. Worked flawlessly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.