Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Morning Shift - Cars and Coffee @ Porsche Experience - Carson, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
drem914
Just saw this posted on FB from some friends of mine. The weekend before WCR 2019 there is a Cars & Coffee at the Porsche Experience in Carson, CA. With everyone prepped to gather the following weekend, it might be impressive to have a large contingent of the original mid-engine Porsches get together.
How many here would be interested? confused24.gif

Come visit us the first Saturday of the month, June 1st, 2019 at 8:00 AM PST for our monthly Morning Shift Cars & Coffee! Bring your favorite vehicle and join us for a complimentary coffee. All makes, models, spectators, and photographers are welcome. No entry or registration fee required.

This month we're featuring all mid-engine Porsche models. blue914.jpg We can't wait to see yours!

Specialty coffee and refreshments available for purchase at Speedster Cafe at 8:00 AM.

Restaurant 917 will be open for brunch from 9:30 AM until 2:30 PM. Reservations are highly recommended. Please contact Restaurant 917 at 1.310.527.0917 or visit www.restaurant917.com.

See you there!

https://allevents.in/carson/the-morning-shi...200017340405413

Current responses so far:
+17 Teeners
+3 Other Porsches

914s should arrive at the gate by 7:45 to ensure that we'll get parking when it opens at 8am.

drem914
SB914
914-300Hemi
914_teener
abes914
burton73
ndfrigi
bulldozer27
Robarabian
Larmo63
oldschool
campbellcj
jim_hoyland
Maltese Falcon
MattyLite
screenguy914
SRS914
914TOY
Harry W
Mary's3.6Six
914SIXXation

There is also a drive from the center at 9:30 that you have to register for if you want to go.

Aufhebung Fest Driving Tour
Saturday, June 1, 2019

Details for this drive are being finalized, but we're looking forward to a driving tour with several scenic stops. Check back here or pcalosangeles.com/events for final details.

Location/Details:
Departure: Porsche Experience Center, 19800 S Main St, Carson, CA 90745 (map)
Date: Saturday, June 1st
Driver's Meeting: 9:00 AM
Departure 9:30 AM sharp

Registration for this event is required, along with the number and names of your passengers.

Registration details:
$10/car event fee
Registration will close on Thursday, May 30, at 6:00 PM

We look forward to seeing you there!
ndfrigi
any 914world member going?

“This month featuring all mid-engine Porsche models.”
sb914
I’d be in if we can get a few teeners
914-300Hemi
I’m in
914_teener
I have a mid engined Porsche.

If it.s not raining I.ll go.
sb914
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 24 2019, 06:02 AM) *

It never rains in Southern California. pat.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 24 2019, 06:23 AM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ May 24 2019, 06:02 AM) *

It never rains in Southern California. pat.gif

hehehe maybe 2 decades ago!

Well forecast next saturday is sunny but around 70F. Should be a cool morning!
drem914
I'm in and would think it would be great to have a big turn out. We've done it before for PCA-GPX with 25+. Also a couple months ago when they did the auto museum in El Segundo there were over 30 there.
abes914
i think i can attend.
drem914
I'll keep a running tally at Post #1
ndfrigi
I’m In. Abe and Eddy, let’s meet that morning and head there at the same time. Well 914 still in the project mode, good my 986 is a mid engine.
burton73
I think I can make it in my 928. Not mid Eng. but 50/50 weight ratio.

My 6 is getting much closer.

Bob B
Bulldozer27
Tentatively in.
Robarabian
I am a tentative yes. What time will everyone get there, 0800? If anyone is coming in from Ventura County, we could caravan.. heck, even Santa Clarita, I could meet off the 405 or I-5....
drem914
QUOTE(Robarabian @ May 24 2019, 08:45 PM) *

I am a tentative yes. What time will everyone get there, 0800? If anyone is coming in from Ventura County, we could caravan.. heck, even Santa Clarita, I could meet off the 405 or I-5....

8 sounds about right.
South OC group will be leaving around 7, 7:30 if your around Seal Beach.
Ayers Hotel-Seal Beach is a good meet up spot off the 405 & 22.

Larmo63
I'll be at Ayers Hotel before 7:00......

That is a good designated meeting spot that we've used numerous times.
oldschool
Sounds good...anyone coming near pomona?
campbellcj
I've been trying to get to one of these for months; have never been to PECLA yet. I will make a definite effort. Will be in the Turbo.
914_teener
QUOTE(oldschool @ May 25 2019, 01:26 AM) *

I.ll drive with you. Taking the 987.

jim_hoyland
I’m planning to go; is on-line registration needed ?
Coondog
Gotta work.... mad.gif Stupid Fire Dept always getting in the way of my 914 fun.
drem914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 25 2019, 12:45 PM) *

I’m planning to go; is on-line registration needed ?

I dont think so. I went back to the website and there is no registration req. as far as I can tell. I also contacted the event organizer to see if they will have a mid engine "cone zone." I figured we could get a sizable turn out of members here. I have not heard back yet. I'll check again after the holiday weekend.
oldschool
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 25 2019, 11:31 AM) *

I.ll drive with you. Taking the 987. Let's do it!

914-300Hemi

I’m coming from San Dimas.
914 Ranch
it seems that I was caught up in my own enthusiasm and during editing made a double post.
914 Ranch
Come on you guys. This group has had over 30 cars to a Bar-B-Q at Team NARP Headquarters (Huntington Beach). This is a good as going to Coffee and Cars and The Streets of Willow '09 WCR where 50 914's showed up. I'm not moving back so all y'all need to get motivated and start representing the rest of us. Us not representing is I believe akin to Porsche not racing a 914 in the 1970 La Mans 24, thank god Sonauto was smart enough to put thier spares from their 911 race car into #40.
It seems that I have found some inspiration here.

Click to view attachment
drem914
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ May 27 2019, 12:50 AM) *

Come on you guys. This group has had over 30 cars to a Bar-B-Q at Team NARP Headquarters (Huntington Beach). This is a good as going to Coffee and Cars and The Streets of Willow '09 WCR where 50 914's showed up. I'm not moving back so all y'all need to get motivated and start representing the rest of us. Us not representing is I believe akin to Porsche not racing a 914 in the 1970 La Mans 24, thank god Sonauto was smart enough to put thier spares from their 911 race car into #40.

Thanks for the call out. We should be able to get at least 25 or more out there, especially with everyone having there cars ready for WCR the following weekend. Good weather is expected. It is a Great Porsche venue if you have not been there before and a central location for everyone to reach from OC, LA, SB and Riverside.
Maltese Falcon
We will be there in the 2L hot rod, and I'll bug my pal to bring his 2.7L as well; so
Maltese Falcon, MattyLite and screenguy914 ....see y'all there !
drem914
icon_bump.gif
drem914
icon_bump.gif bumping again to see if we can't get more that a dozen cars to show up in the middle of summer, at a Porsche built testing track, a week before 50+ 914's gather for WCR poke.gif
SRS914
I'm in.
914Toy
I will join the group at Ayers Hotel by 7:00.
Maltese Falcon
Harry W. will be attending, not a member here but his 914 is a SoCal legend driving.gif Click to view attachment
Marv's3.6six
See y'all at the Ayers Hotel, Seal Bch Blvd & Lampson 7:00A
914SIXXation
QUOTE(drem914 @ May 23 2019, 08:46 PM) *

Just saw this posted on FB from some friends of mine. The weekend before WCR 2019 there is a Cars & Coffee at the Porsche Experience in Carson, CA. With everyone prepped to gather the following weekend, it might be impressive to have a large contingent of the original mid-engine Porsches get together.
How many here would be interested? confused24.gif

Come visit us the first Saturday of the month, June 1st, 2019 at 8:00 AM PST for our monthly Morning Shift Cars & Coffee! Bring your favorite vehicle and join us for a complimentary coffee. All makes, models, spectators, and photographers are welcome. No entry or registration fee required.

This month we're featuring all mid-engine Porsche models. blue914.jpg We can't wait to see yours!

Specialty coffee and refreshments available for purchase at Speedster Cafe at 8:00 AM.

Restaurant 917 will be open for brunch from 9:30 AM until 2:30 PM. Reservations are highly recommended. Please contact Restaurant 917 at 1.310.527.0917 or visit www.restaurant917.com.

See you there!

https://allevents.in/carson/the-morning-shi...200017340405413

Current responses so far:
+16 Teeners
+3 Other Porsches

drem914
SB914
914-300Hemi
914_teener
abes914
burton73
ndfrigi
bulldozer27
Robarabian
Larmo63
oldschool
campbellcj
jim_hoyland
Maltese Falcon
MattyLite
screenguy914
SRS914
914TOY
Harry W
Mary's3.6Six

There is also a drive from the center at 9:30 that you have to register for if you want to go.

Aufhebung Fest Driving Tour
Saturday, June 1, 2019

Details for this drive are being finalized, but we're looking forward to a driving tour with several scenic stops. Check back here or pcalosangeles.com/events for final details.

Location/Details:
Departure: Porsche Experience Center, 19800 S Main St, Carson, CA 90745 (map)
Date: Saturday, June 1st
Driver's Meeting: 9:00 AM
Departure 9:30 AM sharp

Registration for this event is required, along with the number and names of your passengers.

Registration details:
$10/car event fee
Registration will close on Thursday, May 30, at 6:00 PM

We look forward to seeing you there!

Hey, this looks like a great event! Count us in!

We're new to 914World and haven't been to the PEC as of yet. We are planning to come up from Del Mar with our 1970 914-6 that we will also be taking to WCR.

Like you say, I hope that they will have a designated cone area for the 914s since they are featuring the model. It should be quite a nice showing of 914s.

We would greatly appreciate if we could meet up with those at the Ayers Hotel and caravan up so we can be part of "the group". I see that that group will be leaving Ayers Hotel (Seal Beach) at 7:00? We will leave Del Mar at 5:15 AM. I will try to touch base with those meeting at the hotel. (Wonder if anyone else is coming from the San Diego area?)

We think we may also take in the PCLA Driving Tour too. I went to the site pcalosangeles.com/events as you suggested and see that they have revised the Meeting time to 10:30 and Departure to 10:45. I will make sure we register by 6:00 PM Thursday.

Looking forward to meeting lots of "teeners" and seeing your cars!

Thanks for coordinating all of this. driving-girl.gif

BTW Mary's3.6Six......Awesome silver 914 pictured!!!! Put wings on that baby and I bet she would fly! WOW!
whitetwinturbo
...........darn! I sooooooooo want to come to this one BUT work conflicts prevent same hissyfit.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ May 26 2019, 09:02 AM) *

let's do it.

I’m coming from San Dimas.

drem914
QUOTE(914SIXXation @ May 29 2019, 06:58 PM) *

We're new to 914World and haven't been to the PEC as of yet. We are planning to come up from Del Mar with our 1970 914-6 that we will also be taking to WCR.

Like you say, I hope that they will have a designated cone area for the 914s since they are featuring the model. It should be quite a nice showing of 914s.

We would greatly appreciate if we could meet up with those at the Ayers Hotel and caravan up so we can be part of "the group". I see that that group will be leaving Ayers Hotel (Seal Beach) at 7:00? We will leave Del Mar at 5:15 AM. I will try to touch base with those meeting at the hotel. (Wonder if anyone else is coming from the San Diego area?)

BTW Mary's3.6Six......Awesome silver 914 pictured!!!! Put wings on that baby and I bet she would fly! WOW!

Glad to have you here. welcome.png Look forward to seeing you Saturday. Look for the group at the back parking area at the Ayers hotel. No word back yet on the cone zone. I think we may have met at C&C in San Clemente last year. I even had a photo of your car.Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Abe @abes914 and I will be joining the group at Ayers hotel by 7am. Not sure if Eddy @sb914 will join us there too.
914SIXXation
QUOTE(drem914 @ May 29 2019, 11:03 PM) *

QUOTE(914SIXXation @ May 29 2019, 06:58 PM) *

Glad to have you here. welcome.png Look forward to seeing you Saturday. Look for the group at the back parking area at the Ayers hotel. No word back yet on the cone zone. I think we may have met at C&C in San Clemente last year. I even had a photo of your car.Click to view attachment

Thanks so much for the welcome, Ayers hotel meet spot, and car photo! Looking forward to seeing you again. If I recall, that day we went up to the San Clemente C&C with the San Diego Region Porsche Club. It was a stop on their way up to the Porsche Display at The Petersen. We had already gone two times so just elected to do part of the trip to San Clemente C&C.

I wonder how many of our group will be going on the tour after C&C?
Steve
I will also meet everyone at the Ayers hotel. See you then!!
sb914
QUOTE(Steve @ May 30 2019, 12:15 AM) *

You’re car done Steve ? I’ll be at Ayers around 7:00-7:15 it’s only around 20 minutes (10 in my car ) to Carson.
Steve
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 30 2019, 02:51 AM) *

You’re car done Steve ? I’ll be at Ayers around 7:00-7:15 it’s only around 20 minutes (10 in my car ) to Carson.

Yes it’s back together, thanks to Keith for helping the last two weekends to speed up the process. smash.gif smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif
914 Ranch
Now you guys are talking. Makes me want to be there and I really like the meeting point. Right at the freeway. it's only about 6 miles from Team NARP Headquarters and 2500 miles from where me and my car are.

I'm going to be in town for September 14th. I'll start a new thread.

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Steve @ May 30 2019, 07:01 AM) *

Yes it’s back together, thanks to Keith for helping the last two weekends to speed up the process. smash.gif smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif

Congrats Steve! Your car didn’t really take long being repainted! See u saturday morning!
Steve
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 30 2019, 07:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ May 30 2019, 07:01 AM) *

Congrats Steve! You’re car didn’t really take long being repainted! See u saturday morning!

I dropped it off at the body shop January 1st.
I got it back April 13th.
burton73
Just so you know what non 914 is mine. My 6 #41 is almost ready

Bob B

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
drem914
Will be talking with the event coordinator today or tomorrow to see about a "cone zone," preferred arrival time and any other particulars. Will keep you posted. See you there driving.gif
Steve
QUOTE(burton73 @ May 30 2019, 09:45 AM) *

Just so you know what non 914 is mine. My 6 #41 is almost ready

Bob B

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Love the sharks!!
914SIXXation
QUOTE(Steve @ May 30 2019, 02:15 AM) *

Hi Steve,
Looking forward to meeting up with you at the Ayers Hotel. We've never been there but will make sure we arrive by 7:00 AM. From the postings, it looks like others meeting up at Ayers include sb914, 914Toy, Mary's3.6six, ndfrigi, and abes914. So with us would be 7 cars (unless some have changed plans).

Do you know if there is a gas station near Ayers as we may top up since we are going on the PCLA driving tour afterwards. (Will try to do that before we meet at Ayers if possible.)

Looking forward to tomorrow! See you at Ayers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.