Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Dome Light, No e-brake warning light. Related?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Title pretty much says it all. I have no dome light (in any switch position) and I have no gauge red warning light when the e-brake is pulled. Could these be related or (un)connected somehow?
lierofox
Might be a blown fuse, both of those are fed by fuse 11 in the fuse panel. (With fuse 1 being on the left, fuse 12 being on the right.)

Are your turn signals/hazard lights affected as well?
FlacaProductions
Good call. I’ll check fuses as I am just starting to investigate but hazards and turn signals operate fine...
Coondog
Dome light door switches are pretty finicky. Pull them out and clean the contracts.
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(Coondog @ May 25 2019, 07:35 PM) *

Dome light door switches are pretty finicky. Pull them out and clean the contracts.

Ok. And I have confirmed that the dome lamp is good - just not when it’s in my car.... it sure about the brake warning lamp but all others in the gauges work.
Dave_Darling
The black wire to the light should have power at all times. Does it?

--DD
FlacaProductions
I’ll check it!
FlacaProductions
Update:
Fuse at position 11 checked ok. I ran a line direct from the positive side of the battery to the light (at the black/red connection) and confirmed that it worked as intended. So...I wondered if the connections under the passenger seat had something to do with this...this is what I found:
Click to view attachment

I connected the black and blk/red wires and now the interior light works as intended. BUT - I also found the clear plastic connector with a connection that appears to be broken off. This connector is to a bundle of black wires that leads into the larger relay.

So I'm wondering....should the blk+blk/red have been connected along with this bunch? Just wondering since my e-brake warning light is still not functional and i know this bundle under the passenger seat all interconnects with that sort of stuff.

Progress....progress....thanks for all the input!

(edit: explanation - I connected the blk and blk/red wires because they "looked like they belonged together" as they were bare ends and just laying there. But now that I think about it, I'm betting they came out of that clear plastic connector and had just pulled out...but didn't want to connect a line with 12v on it to other wires without really knowing what's up...)
FlacaProductions
a-HA! In sorting through other posts here, I have discovered a picture posted by @JeffBowlsby confirms my hunch! The blk and the blk/red lines DO belong - together - in the end of the clear plastic connector.

I'm going to be away from the car for a few weeks but will make this connection asap. Hopefully, this will re-engage the e-brake warning flasher.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.