Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-brake pivot.....please 'splain....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Hello out there in 914 land.....I had posted that my e-brake handle was acting weird so while inspecting it it bent back to a 45 degree angle some how...now it won't budge at all with me muscling it pretty good. So if it is indeed rusty or weakened some how, why would it be so terribly strong now? I can't budge it at all. The metal around it in the long seems very strong. I see the new ones at restoration design and the post looks like it is barely tacked in.....just what is going on here? Rear trunk hinge posts rust out and it is obvious....but I broke what I perceived as my "good" trunk hinge and tore the hinge mount in two while tightening it. Is the e-brake handle post prone to doing this? Any experience, strength, and hope out there that someone can share? Thank you very much.
gg
peteyd
QUOTE(second wind @ May 26 2019, 06:45 PM) *

I see the new ones at restoration design and the post looks like it is barely tacked in.....

I just want to comment on this. I understand why you say it looks barely tacked on. This is because the "post" is spot welded in place. We try to do things as accurately as possible, so we use the spot weld stud as Porsche did back in the day.

here you can see the projections that get welded when the current from the spot welder passes through.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.