Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does this bolt to on the door?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve
Any idea where #6 bolts to? This piece just slides into the rubber and hangs there? Is this some anti theft thing?

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
Damn Steve, wish I could help but Carerror has no side windows and Nice 914 has early windows. but I believe that there is a nut welded in there somewhere. Isn't that upright adjustable for and aft on the bottom?
914 Ranch
Damn Steve, wish I could help but Carerror has no side windows and Nice 914 has early windows. but I believe that there is a nut welded in there somewhere. Isn't that upright adjustable for and aft on the bottom?
Steve
#7 bolts to the bottom and moves fore and aft. #6 just floats in mid air with nothing to bolt to.
Good to hear from you though!! Let us know when your back in this area for a visit.
KevinW
There are actually two # 6 bolts. There are two holes in the door for them. One bolt goes in the tab the other in the triangle piece. The one hole is covered up in the picture. It is behind the vent window channel.
smveril
I was working on new seals for the triangular window today. The factory seals on the window have a pocket on the bottom of the seal and 6 holds a tab that goes into that pocket.
Steve
Bizarre but I have a spare door and it has the pocket for that #6 bolt and bracket.
The used doors I ended up using have the late model braces and late model gear regulator window winders, but it’s missing the metal that #6 bolt and brace bolts too.
Mikey914
The metal was on the earlier cars most get removed when the new rubber goes in as it's just another hole that water can get into the door. It's also not necessary so if you can't find one no problem biggrin.gif

I think it was over engineered and they realized there is no way the window rubber is going anywhere once it's in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.