Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Rear FAG bearings (Slovakia)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shane
Has anyone done this and had a bad outcome? Only reason I’m considering this is have read they use average to low quality grease why not use the best.
ConeDodger
I clean and repack all new bearings.
bbrock
I repacked mine with Redline synthetic grease but Swepco would be just as good. I found inconsistent amounts of grease in mine from the factory and one looked pretty sketchy to me.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(bbrock @ May 27 2019, 03:22 PM) *

I repacked mine with Redline synthetic grease but Swepco would be just as good. I found inconsistent amounts of grease in mine from the factory and one looked pretty sketchy to me.

blink.gif

popcorn[1].gif

bbrock
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 27 2019, 01:24 PM) *

QUOTE(bbrock @ May 27 2019, 03:22 PM) *

blink.gif

popcorn[1].gif

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. biggrin.gif It's your job to tell 'em why we should not be mucking around with brand new bearings. poke.gif
Superhawk996
av-943.gif

I'm too tired to put up a fight. My wife has been working me like a rented mule this holiday weekend. biggrin.gif
shane
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 27 2019, 03:51 PM) *

av-943.gif

I'm too tired to put up a fight. My wife has been working me like a rented mule this holiday weekend. biggrin.gif

I’m guessing it’s a bad idea to do this by the sounds of humorous superior knowledge. I don’t know how to get the guts out of it anyhow. Seems to have normal amount of grease was my main concern anyhow.Was just thinking it would be cool to have premium grease in it instead of who knows what in it. Not a big deal
jim_hoyland
See: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...grease&st=0

Beginning with post #18, there are some interesting pictures of the repacking process
IPB Image
bbrock
QUOTE(shane @ May 27 2019, 10:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 27 2019, 03:51 PM) *

av-943.gif

I’m guessing it’s a bad idea to do this by the sounds of humorous superior knowledge. I don’t know how to get the guts out of it anyhow. Seems to have normal amount of grease was my main concern anyhow.Was just thinking it would be cool to have premium grease in it instead of who knows what in it. Not a big deal

There was a debate about this recently that you can read here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...337345&st=0

I really did find significantly different amounts of grease inside of mine and personally would open and at least inspect, if not repack if I got another set. That doesn't mean it is the best idea though and I don't pretend to be an expert. @Superhawk996 IS an expert and doesn't agree with me on this point. You can read about my experience here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2679355
shane
Cool great for all the info everyone!!! I will just make a decision based on all the posts and see what makes sense to me. After all it’s just a wheel bearing biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.