Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem found whats the solution
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
736conver
Ok some of you may remember I had a problem with slow starting of the car. I knew t was friction related of some sort. It always went away once the clutch pedal was pushed in. Thought maybe the trans was bad. It turns out the throw out arm is rubbing against the pressure plate. Cut a little groove too. Has anybody seen this before. And what is going on.
Cap'n Krusty
Is the arm bent? Is the pressure plate the correct part for the application? Has the ball cup been shimmed? Has the pivot pin been shimmed too far? Maximum of 2 washers. The Cap'n
736conver
Capn
thanks for the reply arm doesnt look bent. No shims under the pivot ball. I had taken those out already.
No shims for the ball cup its new by the way
And the plate for this is 90111600101 or at least thats what the invoice says. Maybe its the wrong part in the right box.
aircooledboy
Brian, my V8 did the exact same thing. I ended up grinding a small relief groove in the arm to accomodate the p plate. Never did figure out why. My clutch was a KEP set up for the V8, and they told me sometimes you gotta bend the arm to clear the plate. confused24.gif I decided the groove was easier than bending the arm just right.
bd1308
my car started doing that too. When i did my engine swap. Um it's at the porsche mechanic now. He was impressed I got it to work at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.