Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Jay's shop this week...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
This week my boss took in a 1.8 914 (late, '75). This isn't the first one in hermatetically-sealed quality. What was wrong? The motor wouldn't start. Other than that, the body was in cherry shape. No re-paints, no bondo, no dents, dings or ripples anywhere to be seen. The guy wanted to sell it for $2k. Look inside, still the original carpet, vinyl, seats... not a stain or blemish anywhere.

The downside? It has dealership-installed air. Huge condensor in the rear trunk where they cut out a section (riveted in a galvanized steel shield) and a giant evaporator under the body of the car. Needless to say, the A/C didn't work. If the dealrship hadn't cut the body up to install this half-assed A/C system, it'd probably be worth alot more.

So, after a tuneup, replacing some injection parts and moderate rewiring, my boss had this thing on the road. "Brandon, you should drive this thing to see how a real 914 is!". He said this last time when an original LE came in a few months ago. dry.gif The owner now wants $4k for it.

The paint is original metallic orange. Yes, original. I'd never heard nor seen a metallic orange. Check all the door jambs, front and rear trunks, under the gas tank and under the dashboard and threshold carpet... it's all metallic orange.

I wish I had a (digital) camera.
3d914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Borrow one, (steal one?) biggrin.gif !
bd1308
Metallic Orange?? some other 914 had the same color. Looked nice IIRC.....special order color?
Brando
QUOTE (3d914 @ Jun 25 2005, 03:01 PM)
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Borrow one, (steal one?) biggrin.gif !

I'll try monday. it's sweet.
McMark
Please check the drivers door jamb front for the color code plate. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.