Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: incorrect fuel injectors on a 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bibble
Hello all, the ongoing saga of my D-jet continues .... after establishing that the ECU on my 1971 914 appears to be the wrong one, which is hopefully be resolved now, I though5 I would get the injectors checked over, cleaned etc. On removing them, they appear to be replacements not the original yellow bodied injectors.

The ones in the car are green and their serial number is 0280 150 035. Looking at Paul Allen’s page from 2010 the correct injectors should be yellow and if Bosch they should be 0280 159 009. The Bosch ones fitted to the 2.0 end in either 019, or 038. So the ones in my car are not actually listed as ones fitted to 914 from what I can see.

My question is ... is this a major issue? I guess over the years parts are replaced, with perhaps a revised version where the originals are no longer available. They are a full set of 4 all identical which would suggest they were all replaced at the same time. But as their PN is closest to ones fitted to a 2.0 which presumably had a bigger fuel demand are these over delivering ? and might they be contributing to the poor running of the car - hence the ECU check, MPS check etc etc ....

Any thoughts before I get them cleaned or should I try and get some originals or some of those available now as replacements ?

Best wishes

Jonathan
bdstone914
Yes it is a big deal to run the wrong injectors.
Green are 2.0 liter ones. Higher output. Run should be running rich. I have a bunch of 1.7 injectors.
I would trade you for the green ones. They need to be sent out for testing and cleaning.
Bruce
bdstone914
What are the running issues with the FI system? The ECU may not be a big deal.
bdstone914
@bibble

Bibble
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 28 2019, 04:28 AM) *

@bibble

Hello Bruce - PM sent

Best wishes

Jonathan
mepstein
agree.gif with Bruce. You need the yellow ones. Car will never run right with green.
Bibble
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 28 2019, 06:39 AM) *

agree.gif with Bruce. You need the yellow ones. Car will never run right with green.

Many thanks both for the info, will try and sort the correct ones with Bruce if possible.

Best wishes

Jonathan
JeffBowlsby
The 0280 150 035 is for a mercedes benz engine.
mepstein
Mr injector tests, cleans and pelican Veda new seals and fi hose for $17.50/injector. Quick turnaround.
Bibble
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ May 28 2019, 08:52 AM) *

The 0280 150 035 is for a mercedes benz engine.

Thanks Jeff, wonder why whoever went for that particular one , it’s another German manufacturer at least biggrin.gif
Bibble
QUOTE(mepstein @ May 28 2019, 08:58 AM) *

Mr injector tests, cleans and pelican Veda new seals and fi hose for $17.50/injector. Quick turnaround.

Thank you for the advice on injector cleaning probably stick this side of the pond if I can get a good company, but if not - thank you beerchug.gif ,
mepstein
QUOTE(Bibble @ May 28 2019, 11:51 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 28 2019, 08:58 AM) *

Thank you for the advice on injector cleaning probably stick this side of the pond if I can get a good company, but if not - thank you beerchug.gif ,

That makes sense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.