Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical Something
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
Hey guys, so I think I may have found something that may fix a few problems with the 914 smilie_pokal.gif . So here is the deal. I'm driving the car the other day and it shuts off, and dies, but not like the motor isn't tuned right or something, but more like the power went out, however all the dash lights stayed on. We'll whatever I start it back up and go on this really good drive. No problem right? wrong. Anyway I get in it the next day and it fires right up and idles beautifually until I shut the drivers door, and the power goes out again. huh same thing right? So I kick it over again and it fires up no big deal. Go for a drive and on the way back, it starts loosing power, and not firing right and in coincidence with this when I hit the turn signals they flash really rapidly and it makes what sounds like s shorting nosie from under the dash by the fuse panel. I go around another turn and the signals go back to regular speed, and I get all this power back as well. Huh strange. Oh and to add to this, since I bought the car, when you step on the brake the turn signals blink really slowly. Anyway I think If I can fix this it should help a lot of things out in this car, so what do you guys think? Where should I start?
Eric
Dr. Roger
I would start from the beginning of the whole electric system.

1. Battery connections. remove, clean throughly, replace any worn parts.

2. Ground strap from tranny to body. Same as above.

3. Go through and clean with sand paper, fuses and connectors at fuse box and quick release connectors.

4. Pop all bulbs in the car and use sand paper on contact points.

5. Relay box. Remove all corrosion anywhere you see it. Clean relays and fuses there.

Intermittent problems may be a pain in the ass to have but at least they are fixable once found.
messix
worn sheath on wire under dash? on floor?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.