Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ignition switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
I need a ignition switch at this point. Trying to stay away from made in China junk. Checked the price at Porsche dealer, and quoted me $82.00 shipped. Are there any other places that might sell some that are made in Germany, and not cost my firstborn child? 111.905.865L is the part number.
Specracer
Pelican and Auto Atlanta both have them for $4x. I got mine yesterday from AA, was $4 more than pelican, but time, and buying other items, combining shipping, was very worth the extra $4.
gms
I saw this switch probably worth a try
porschetub
Pelican one still working after some time,just saying beer.gif
porschetub
Didn't add and was going to ,has anyone bought genuine and seen a VW part number on it, lost the info I had so would like to know to see what Porsche are supplying ?.
bbrock
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 1 2019, 01:08 AM) *

Didn't add and was going to ,has anyone bought genuine and seen a VW part number on it, lost the info I had so would like to know to see what Porsche are supplying ?.

I recently bought a genuine switch ($33 from Sunset Porsche). There is no part number stamped on the switch. Just "Germany" and the terminal labels. The part number I ordered is a VW number: 111-905-865-K This was for a 73.
Specracer
I completed the change yesterday, using the Porsche switch. Inspecting the old switch, no visible cracking etc. It seemed like it might have been loose. I changed it anyway, and it made a huge difference. Car turns over when key hits the "start" position, vs having to rock the key around with extra force. With the amount I have into the car so far, an additional $30 for the genuine Porsche switch, vs what ever, was a VERY easy choice for me to make.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.