Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should be a simple
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shane
This is a new GKN CV for my 914, does the shoulder side of the inner race go towards the clip or the washer? And if it only can go one way does that take away the option to flip the inner race after it worn out? Thanks in advance Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
malcolm2
I am going with the beveled side slides on the axle. And in the future if the next owner wants to flip it.... it will also work with the beveled side NOT facing the axle. Someone that has done more joints than me will help, I am sure.
76-914
I haven't seen that one yet. I'd be willing to bet that shoulder is there to mate against the cupped washer that resides on the inboard side (opposite the C clip). It looks to bee the exact same size. beerchug.gif
shane
That all makes sense to me thanks, to bad you have to play a guessing game and not get the manufacturers instructions.
Mark Henry
In servicing them I've seen them both ways around, there might be a right way but I've never seen an issue.
shane
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 30 2019, 06:03 AM) *

In servicing them I've seen them both ways around, there might be a right way but I've never seen an issue.

Great, thanks for the info I’ll butter them all up with swepco 101 and put them to work on the road some day soon I hope.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.