Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More videos coming
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hey guys...

I just bought a bumblebee roller fresh out of paint that I’ll be assembling from the ground up. My plan is to create a comprehensive start to finish series on restoring a (structurally sound) 914. The only thing I won’t be covering is rust repair.

I’ll be shooting every major step, but I’d love some input on what you’d like to see. That way I can spend more time on the stuff people are interested in.

Ready? Go!....
ctc911ctc
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ May 30 2019, 07:51 AM) *

Hey guys...

I just bought a bumblebee roller fresh out of paint that I’ll be assembling from the ground up. My plan is to create a comprehensive start to finish series on restoring a (structurally sound) 914. The only thing I won’t be covering is rust repair.

I’ll be shooting every major step, but I’d love some input on what you’d like to see. That way I can spend more time on the stuff people are interested in.

Ready? Go!....

Make it tight and the scenes to the point
Do not talk over or introduce scenes, no "Hi, my name is......" or other bumbling, leave dialog to the pros.
Music? Minimalist is better than in your face.
Mechanics: Lighting and Focus.....always need to be spot on,
Camera: Do not use the iphone (too many reasons to go in to) there are many good cameras for this, as well as lighting rigs....cheap.....ask a 15 year old what to use.

I like this format:

http://www.ephotomotion.com/914engine/

great organization and easy to find what you need - I go here often.

I hope I am helping!

CTC911CTC

JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ May 30 2019, 06:51 AM) *

I just bought a bumblebee roller fresh out of paint..

Which one? VIN?
Dion
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ May 30 2019, 09:30 AM) *

Hey guys...

Ready? Go!....

Do not talk over or introduce scenes, no "Hi, my name is......" or other bumbling, leave dialog to the pros.
Camera: Do not use the iphone (too many reasons to go in to) there are many good cameras for this, as well as lighting rigs....cheap.....ask a 15 year old what to use.

I like this format:

I hope I am helping!

CTC911CTC

lol-2.gif I believe Ian does this for a living. He’s got this. Looking forward to this.
iankarr
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ May 30 2019, 01:30 PM) *

Hey guys...

Ready? Go!....

I like this format:

I hope I am helping!

CTC911CTC

Thanks! Though I was thinking more along the lines of subject matter...not technique. Unless you're critiquing the videos already on my channel wink.gif...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmCY...SkxYLbbv0WGcQXQ

Dion is correct...my day job is producing and directing content for networks and brands. It's always a balancing act how far I go to the professional side on these DIY vids. I like when they're tight for content, but with a shooting style that's a little rough around the edges. That's what I aim for anyway. It's great to be able to mix work and fun. I wish I said "um" less, though...

Here's a link to my company website if you're interested... There's some hi-end car stuff we did for Ford on it.

http://www.ikacollective.com
iankarr
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ May 30 2019, 01:45 PM) *

Which one? VIN?

15411. Thanks, Jeff for your amazing work on the registry....
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ May 30 2019, 10:13 AM) *

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ May 30 2019, 01:45 PM) *

Which one? VIN?

15411. Thanks, Jeff for your amazing work on the registry....

Ian, looking forward to basically whatever topic you tackle, Your videos help me constantly, just getting around to taking my motor out now!
(Lol...best laid plans)..anyway, for me, more suspension videos and definitely if you end up doing motor work...thanks, and good luck!

Rand

It's your build. What most of us want to see is every time you make an improvement you are happy with. We'll be cheering. beerchug.gif
iankarr
Thanks, guys. Glad you find the videos helpful. Or at least more fun than cable news.
oldschool
Ian rocks with the iphone piratenanner.gif
sb914
QUOTE(oldschool @ May 30 2019, 10:46 PM) *

I like his movies. Did you ever finish the movie with Eric ? It’s been three years! confused24.gif
7TPorsh
I would list out all the different systems of the car; engine, steering, brakes, suspension, etc. Then maybe break those down one more level: control arms, torsion bars, struts.

Shop manuals are broken out like this and most people attack a car in steps.

Also a tip, use lots of light and zoom OUT occasionally so we have a reference of where you are working. On video it's sometime hard to determine which is front, back, upside down.

Good luck!
oldschool
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 31 2019, 04:46 AM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ May 30 2019, 10:46 PM) *

I like his movies. Did you ever finish the movie with Eric ? It’s been three years! confused24.gif

Nope not yet. I believe Ian is going to help out soon.
bbrock
If you shoot it, I'll watch it regardless of topic. I've even watched some of your Ferrari vids even though I'll never own one. A few topics that come to mind that I think would be helpful:

Windshield install

Headlight assembly

Any seal installs you haven't already covered. Targa and doors would be great.

popcorn[1].gif
defianty
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jun 1 2019, 08:15 AM) *

If you shoot it, I'll watch it regardless of topic. I've even watched some of your Ferrari vids even though I'll never own one. A few topics that come to mind that I think would be helpful:

Windshield install

Headlight assembly

Any seal installs you haven't already covered. Targa and doors would be great.

popcorn[1].gif

Yep, I'm the same have watched all you 914 videos and have been a great reference in my build. Personally I think the style you've set for the videos is perfect. Keep up the good work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.