Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leather Upholstery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
I was contacted by a leather upholstery person who might be interested in recovering seats, cushions, backpads, etc.

Has anyone priced this out? How much for the leather and labor? Is there an outfit that does this? What would be the going rate for reconditioned seat cushions? How much would they be worth?

How many people would want or need redone seat cushions??

Your feed back is appreciated..
Aaron Cox
how about a backpad?
seanery
This is an email response from Autos International. I haven't used them, but the 356 guys LOVE them. I've heard nothing but very high praise for them.

----------------------------------------

Thank you for your interest in our products and services. Pricing is
as follows:

vinyl leather
Replacement seat covers $155.00 ea 399.00 ea
Rear panel cover $149.00 399.00
Door panel covers $ 85.00 pr 165.00 pr
Carpet set (German Perlon) $215.00
Carpet set (German Velour) $393.00
Carpet set (Domestic) $195.00

If you haven't had any experience installing these types of products
I would recommend you have a professional do the installation. Let
us know if we may be of service

--------------------------------------------
Brad Roberts
Rob,

I will soon be working on the interioe for the blue 6.

Please keep me up to date on what you hear.

B
Brad Roberts
We will go with Grey leather (3 different shades throughout the car) Including a grey dash.

B
EdwardBlume
I met this guy Rick through Scott- the guy here in the n-hood with the unassebled 76. Scott and Rick did upholstery together for awhile and now Rick is on his own. Scott had his seats, backpad, cushions, and dash done. Nicer than my 993, and nicer than I've seen show cars. It looks very pricy.

Rick wants me to stop by next time he's at Scott's to talk about the possibility of doing leather work for 914s. Hence this thread.

The most feasible use of leather work IMO would be cushions and backpads. I would love to do what it takes to have some custom soft leather seats made for my Dad's car.

I think Scott is in RWC.

What kind of budget do you have in mind for the 6's interior?
Brad Roberts
3-4k

I will have the dash done by "Just Dashes".. in grey. so.. basically everything else (door panels/carpet/backpad/seats.

B
seanery
I didn't think that Autos International's price was bad $1395 before carpet + installation somewhere.
silver six
Rob,

I had the center part of my backpad done in black leather from a shop in Santa Clara called Premiere. It was a little tricky because I removed the center part of the back pad and then cut it into two pieces (this allowed me to access the firewall which had a removable panel allowing access to the fanbelt). So I had the shop recover the two pieces separately. They did a nice job and used Porsche factory leather (I even saw the part number sticker on a part of the leather). Premiere did a pretty good job, but I would not say it was perfect. They charged me $150. I would probably use them again but if you find a better or cheaper shop here in the bay area, let me know. I'll be all over it. I also want to recover my seats in black leather eventually.

Douglas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.