Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mothers or ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
I want to get these to the best they can look while keeping them on the car do to do the job. No refinishing, no Easy-off, just clean and the paddles as shiny as possible. Which cleaner/soap first? Then Mothers? Mini-ball on a drill? Search induces confusion....
Click to view attachment

oldschool
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ May 31 2019, 11:29 AM) *

I want to get these to the best they can look while keeping them on the car do to do the job. No refinishing, no Easy-off, just clean and the paddles as shiny as possible. Which cleaner/soap first? Then Mothers? Mini-ball on a drill? Search induces confusion....
Click to view attachment

Man those look clean! my bad boys not even close.
76-914
Mothers is fine but you'll need to mask off the petals that aren't polished or the grey matter that comes off while polishing will get on the rough finish and is a PITA to get off. beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
Griots makes a good kit for wheels.
FlacaProductions
@oldschool - they do look clean. from there. they have a little grime/light staining that you can't see until you look closer. (Local 600, eh? I'm a NABET/IBEW DP...)

@76-914 - good tip on the masking - thanks.

@PeeGreen 914 - I'll check it out - thank you!
Cal
I'd recommend Simichrome polish. I've used it for years on my Fuchs, chrome bumpers and metal work.

oldschool
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ May 31 2019, 07:22 PM) *

@oldschool - they do look clean. from there. they have a little grime/light staining that you can't see until you look closer. (Local 600, eh? I'm a NABET/IBEW DP...)

@76-914 - good tip on the masking - thanks.

@PeeGreen 914 - I'll check it out - thank you!

Nice I can use more work chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.