Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel options for wheel to wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Jetsetsurfshop
Hey Guys,
Anyone have any ideas on suitable wheels for racing.
Maxilite looks like an option and the price seems fair.
15" is where I want to be.
Anyone heard anything bad about using Maxilite for racing?
Thanks,
Shane
driving.gif
mepstein
What width?
Jetsetsurfshop
15x8s and 15x9s
campbellcj
You talking 4-lug? Maxlite or Supersport sound like good options. I had some supersport 15's years ago that I really liked.

In 5-lug currently I have some Braid/BZ 9's which I run with Fuchs 8's. I had some fitment issues with their 8's which of course like all Fuchs-replicas are not 100% identical. I found some NOS 8's years ago, still have 1 pair new in box. But the Braid 9's have been just great.
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jun 1 2019, 04:36 AM) *

You talking 4-lug? Maxlite or Supersport sound like good options. I had some supersport 15's years ago that I really liked.

In 5-lug currently I have some Braid/BZ 9's which I run with Fuchs 8's. I had some fitment issues with their 8's which of course like all Fuchs-replicas are not 100% identical. I found some NOS 8's years ago, still have 1 pair new in box. But the Braid 9's have been just great.

My car is 5 lug and been really satisfied with the cookie cutters. I think I have 4 sets or five sets now but they won't cut it when I get that -6 done.
I'll check those Braids out.
jmz
I run 15x8 original Fuchs and 15x9 Maxilite Fuchs on my car. I have had no issues with the maxilites. They are light, look the part and so far have held up to the rigors of racing.

Click to view attachment
Jetsetsurfshop
What size and brand of tires are you running?
Also, did you try a "square" set-up before you went wider in the rears?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.