Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Logging On to World
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
All of a sudden every time I go to open 914World, I have to log on. Doesn’t happen when using iPad or MacBook, just the iPhone. Is there a setting I need to change? Seems like this happened several years ago......
Any help will be appreciated
jim_hoyland
And when I manually log on, I get this Not Secure message ????
SirAndy
Make sure you have cookies turned on, otherwise we can't track your login.

As for the "not secure" message, that's because we don't have a SSL certificate so it deems our login page "not secure". I'll get around to fixing that eventually but it isn't really a big deal.
shades.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 31 2019, 02:47 PM) *

Make sure you have cookies turn on, otherwise we can't track your login.

Thanks;
Where do I turn cookies on ?
sb914
In the oven! Pre heat to 350 degrees poke.gif
wes
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 31 2019, 03:43 PM) *

In the oven! Pre heat to 350 degrees poke.gif

Ya about 10 minutes, piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif Go to settings on your phone.
Larmo63
Bring those cookies tomorrow morning.

The new Apple OS now shows "insecure" networks.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ May 31 2019, 04:15 PM) *

Bring those cookies tomorrow morning.

The new Apple OS now shows "insecure" networks.

Chocolate chip / macadamia nut goes well with some Speedster Cafe java smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Thanks for all the good tips..... sad.gif
trick-e
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 31 2019, 05:47 PM) *

Make sure you have cookies turned on, otherwise we can't track your login.

As for the "not secure" message, that's because we don't have a SSL certificate so it deems our login page "not secure". I'll get around to fixing that eventually but it isn't really a big deal.
shades.gif

I would clarify and add that it’s not a big deal unless one uses the same credentials for another site or account. Don’t do that. If a bad actor gets your credentials to a non-secure site, they will be the first credentials they try to hack your email or banking account with. Make your passwords unique gang.
SirAndy
QUOTE(trick-e @ May 31 2019, 08:14 PM) *
I would clarify and add that it’s not a big deal unless one uses the same credentials for another site or account. Don’t do that. If a bad actor gets your credentials to a non-secure site, they will be the first credentials they try to hack your email or banking account with. Make your passwords unique gang.

Just to clarify, having a "unsecure" login page on 914world means that someone can theoretically get your 914world password if:

- They hacked your computer and intercept your login message. However, at that point they probably already have a key-logger installed, so even if we had a SSL certificate, you'd still be hacked and your password would be compromised.

- Your ISPs router(s) are hacked

- Our server is hacked

That's pretty much it. If none of the above is true, there is no difference between a "secure" login page and a "unsecure" login page.
shades.gif

PS: Having separate passwords is good advice though. Don't use the same password for 914world and your online banking!
tazz9924
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 31 2019, 01:37 PM) *

And when I manually log on, I get this Not Secure message ????

Im pretty sure ur on private browsing, press the tabs button in the bottom right corner and tap the private button. it should fix it unless you changed ur menu colors to grey and im wrong
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.