Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru throttle cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theer
So, I am about to take over the final assembly of my WRX conversion project (see Grey Matter build thread). Lots to do to make it drivable, but a big piece is making the throttle cable work.

Any ideas, or examples, of how to solve the Porsche gas pedal to Suby throttle connection?

Thanks,
Tom
914forme
I would have looked at it last night if you asked. But then as the night wore on I started making more and more mistakes so maybe a throttle cable would not have been a plan.

My suggestion would be a custom cable, with the proper bit on the Subaru Throttle body and the 914 gas pedal on the other end.

good detailed guide of what you need to solve the problem, never used them.

Terry cables might be able to do the same thing confused24.gif
Chris H.
It's actually pretty easy believe it or not, at least for the EG33. Besides the length, the only thing you should need to modify is the engine end of the 914 cable. The Subaru has a barrel shaped cylinder that connects to the throttle body at the engine end, the 914's just has the bare cable wire. You can resolve this by picking up an assortment of barrel ends that screw on to the bare cable, OR splice the end of a Subaru cable on to the 914 cable with a ferrule. First check to see if the stock 914 length is OK for your application(if you have one). If not (too long or short), you can order a custom length. Terry Cable did mine and also sent me a barrel assortment to choose from as well, one of which fit the Subaru TB perfectly. If you call Terry Cable they will probably know exactly what you need since many others have ordered throttle cables for this setup from them.

theer
Thanks, Stephen - it was enough that you stayed and got the gauges hooked up.

Chris, my stock cable is too short - we flipped the intake manifold around for better fit, but now the throttle able needs to go all the way around and approach the TB from the rear of the car.

I'll check out Terry cables.

Thanks again,
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.