Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It’s going to happen. . . moving
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
We’ve listed our place, I’ve been on this property for right at 40 years. I still plan to work on cars, but I have some parts to sell. I’ll be working on getting some stuff posted soon. A friend told me years ago “you don’t realize how much stuff you have, until you need to move it”. I got too much stuff!!
IronHillRestorations
Bring your trailer (whispers) I won’t tell your wife and my wife is sworn to secrecy
IronHillRestorations
Click to view attachment

IronHillRestorations
(whispers) . . . go the distance. . .
sb914
Holy parts hoarder!
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 1 2019, 12:01 PM) *

Holy parts hoarder!

Hoarding is such a negative term biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
I might be going through the same deal in 4 years when my wife retires, We've been talking about it and realize clearing out my shop will be a shit show. So much so my wife said maybe we should stay.
Issue is our property is way too big (23 acres) to take care of in the future.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 1 2019, 12:01 PM) *

Holy parts hoarder!

It's only hoarding if someone else has to deal with it after you're gone, if you're still alive, it's collecting!
mepstein
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 1 2019, 04:30 PM) *

I might be going through the same deal in 4 years when my wife retires, We've been talking about it and realize clearing out my shop will be a shit show. So much so my wife said maybe we should stay.
Issue is our property is way too big (23 acres) to take care of in the future.

We moved the 10K square foot shop and 80 cars from the storage shop. It can be done.
porschetub
Doing the same thing @ present,moving inland to a smaller property from the coast,its a PITA and requires a sh#t load of work.
Sold off 2 x 944 projects and my speedster replica,hardest to go was the Golf mk2 gti ,it did go to a great home however and the new owner has completed the resto to 100% stock,will keep 2 of my motorbikes.
Have sold off a lot of stuff I can't fit in my shipping container,one upside is many of my parts are worth way more than I paid for them and are selling well,the rest is basically rubbish laugh.gif .
Impressive collection Perry shouldn't be too hard to move most of that ,good luck.
r_towle
Thankfully,
Abel, my son, is a car nut!!
I plan to just walk away smile.gif
Chi-town
I did it twice, no fun
Unobtanium-inc
The last time we moved, and hopefully the last time, we did it over 5 years, one truckload at a time, we got very organized doing it that way. Luckily we owned both buildings so we had time on our side.
rhodyguy
WOW. Looks like a mortgage worth of stuff.
mepstein
Yes, it does give you the opportunity to organize.
914werke
I now feel better about my own level of hoarding & obsessive organization laugh.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 2 2019, 05:40 AM) *

WOW. Looks like a mortgage worth of stuff.

part of my retirement plan biggrin.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 2 2019, 06:32 AM) *

Yes, it does give you tho opportunity to organize.

The yellow bins are a must!
jd74914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 1 2019, 04:50 PM) *

Thankfully,
Abel, my son, is a car nut!!
I plan to just walk away smile.gif

agree.gif
My parents did the same-to me. smile.gif
IronHillRestorations
Shocking! I like green!!
sjhenry1075
wow! I'm impressed! You're so lucky, my wife would never allow me to use so much space
larryM

downsizing

- more than a few of us who've got 40 yrs +/- in 914's are headed for the retirement pasture

- me too

good news for the millennial 'teener's

- may be a glut of used and/or new horded parts & project cars for the taking

- cheap beerchug.gif
euro911
I thought I had way too much stuff. Well, I do, but not as much as you, Perry laugh.gif

GLWTS ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.