Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Injector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
Hello
One of the injectors is leaking between the green plastic and metal casing

Is this injector scrap and is there some way to disassemble the injector?

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Scrap. Sorry.
DavidSweden
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 2 2019, 07:57 AM) *

Scrap. Sorry.

Thanks Mepstein

Follow up question:
My car is a 76, I have a spare European 2.0 engine (that needs a rebuild) can anyone tell me if the European injectors comparable with the later engines?
mepstein
I have a feeling they are but no proof. My feeling is because there never seems to be a difference in 911 US vs ROW injectors. But again, no proof.
dabird
I have two injectors that leak in the same place after the car has been sitting for the winter. after letting the car run for a bit, shutting off and restarting they don't leak again until the car sits for an another extended period of time. There was a recent thread where another person experienced the same thing. I can only assume there is a seal that shrinks when it dries out and then swells again after some use. I bought replacement injectors but decided not to install them.
DavidSweden
QUOTE(dabird @ Jun 2 2019, 08:32 AM) *

I have two injectors that leak in the same place after the car has been sitting for the winter. after letting the car run for a bit, shutting off and restarting they don't leak again until the car sits for an another extended period of time. There was a recent thread where another person experienced the same thing. I can only assume there is a seal that shrinks when it dries out and then swells again after some use. I bought replacement injectors but decided not to install them.

Thanks Dabird
The Car has been standing for 2 years, started it once in august last year and for the second time today.

Its leaking a lot of petrol from the injector making me worry about the risk of a fire.
I will let it run ans see if the seals swell. How long did you need to run the car before the injectors stopped leaking?
mepstein
I would never risk my car or my life over a $50 injector.
orthobiz
My injectors stop leaking after the car sits again overnight. Bone dry. Extinguisher on board. Cars are stored in a 50 degree pole barn for 6 months every year.

Here's my recent thread on this topic:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=338323

Are there new aftermarket replacement injectors that work??? Otherwise, buying used injectors seem like they could potentially suffer from the same yearly fate.

Paul
dabird
QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Jun 2 2019, 01:28 PM) *

QUOTE(dabird @ Jun 2 2019, 08:32 AM) *

Thanks Dabird
The Car has been standing for 2 years, started it once in august last year and for the second time today.

Its leaking a lot of petrol from the injector making me worry about the risk of a fire.
I will let it run ans see if the seals swell. How long did you need to run the car before the injectors stopped leaking?

I ran the car for a few minutes. I'm not advocating for you to leave the injectors in. I'm just sharing my experience and how I chose to handle it. The replacement injectors I bought are standard motor products FJ67. They are supposed to work on my 74 2.0 but I never installed them so I can't say for sure .
porschetub
No,replace them as not an area that can be repaired,normal Bosch test is ultrasonic clean,spray pattern check ,and then a leak test @ the noozle ,you won't pass that test.
I would suggest replacing them all or risk your whole car,thats the bottom line really.
dabird
If you already have the injector out you might as well replace it
Valy
QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Jun 2 2019, 09:04 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 2 2019, 07:57 AM) *

Scrap. Sorry.

Thanks Mepstein

Follow up question:
My car is a 76, I have a spare European 2.0 engine (that needs a rebuild) can anyone tell me if the European injectors comparable with the later engines?

Can you check the part number on the other injectors?
DavidSweden
I started the car this evening and the injector is no longer leaking.
The same scenario as others have reported

Thanks for the help
rjames
QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Jun 4 2019, 12:01 PM) *

I started the car this evening and the injector is no longer leaking.
The same scenario as others have reported

Thanks for the help

If it leaked before it will leak again. <edit> looks like you're acquiring replacements on another thread. Good. Trash the leaky injector.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.