Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RED ROCKS CLASSIC 2019!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
SharonG
That's right - Torrey, UT. I asked for rocks to be added to the hot tub for ambiance.
@Gint @brant @RonD

2019 RRC event uploader thread link

Hotel: Noor Hotel, 877 UT-24, Torrey, UT 84775, 435-425-2525
King or Double Queens around $120/night which includes tax. Add $15/night for pets. There is room to park a trailer. There is a restaurant and convenience store on site.

Agenda:
Thursday: Arrive! Dinner is whenever/wherever you'd like. There's a Mexican restaurant on site. Shenanigans all evening!

Friday:
10am: Driving away from the hotel toward Escalante and back. Lunch at Circle D in Escalante. It's 132 mi round trip, about 3 hours according to The Google. For folks that feel like a hike, we'll stop at Lower Calf Creek Falls on the way back, which is 5.5mi round trip hike. It's not far out of Escalante. As the name suggests, there's a waterfall at the end and an opportunity to dunk your body in a super cold water hole. Friday night more people arrive!!!
6:30: BBQ at the hotel - burgers, dogs, vegetarian option ($10 CASH!). Shenanigans.

Saturday:
9:14am: Driving away from the hotel toward Capital Reef. We'll drive the Capital Reef Scenic Drive, drive through Hanksville to see Giblin Valley State Park, then meander back to Hanksville for lunch at Dukes Slickrock Grill, then back. It's 170 mi round trip, about 3.5 hours. If anyone feels like a hike, Chimney Rock Loop trail 3.3mi, or Hickman Bridge 1.7mi, are on the way back.
7:30: Dinner up the road 0.5mi at Rim Rock Patio. Shenanigans.

Sunday: Hasta la byebye.

Note: The only thing we're collecting $ for is the Friday BBQ, which is $10. Capital Reef is a National Park so bring your parks pass. Other meals are just regular restaurant protocol (you order, you pay for what you order).

The Facebook thread is here.

The t-shirt order thread is HERE! (thanks @RonD !)
Click to view attachment

Attendee List:
SharonG + Gint (Th-Su)
Brnat + Laura (Th-Su)
ConeDodger?
Alphaogre
TravisNeff + Jen (Th-Su)
AZ914 (Th-Su)
VegasRacer (Th-Su)
Jen + Matt Z (Th-Su)
Ernie DeVries + Linda (Th-Su)
JamesM (Th-Su,+ Melissa + Sydnee F-Su)
Aaron (JamesM buddy F-Su)
76-914
ejm (Th-Su)

I hope you can all make this event! cheer.gif beerchug.gif
Carl La Fong
Is the Diablo restaurant still there?
Big Len
Passed thru Torrey 3 weeks ago heading toward Green River from St. George. Guessing you're headed down Route 12 the second day. Most scenic road I've ever been on. Fantastic.
michael7810
I wish I could make RRC but I signed up for Okteenerfest again this year.
SharonG
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jun 2 2019, 05:39 PM) *

Poor excuse - different weekends. biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Where is the closest airport with regular flights ? Possibly fly, rent a car, then meet up with group.....
Chris914n6
Happens to be for me the same distance to WCR. I guess if my car makes it thru that it can make this biggrin.gif It's also the back way to Colorado that I didn't take last time.
Chris914n6
I'd say Salt Lake. Plus at least a handful of 914s to travel with (or ride along). Or Mike always takes his Subaru poke.gif

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 2 2019, 05:31 PM) *

Where is the closest airport with regular flights ? Possibly fly, rent a car, then meet up with group.....

jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jun 2 2019, 07:00 PM) *

I'd say Salt Lake. Plus at least a handful of 914s to travel with (or ride along). Or Mike always takes his Subaru poke.gif

Thanks, 210 miles
JRust
That will be great. Going to miss WCR & missed Route 66 already this year. Be good to make one at least this year
Carl La Fong
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 2 2019, 07:31 PM) *

Cedar city. 120 miles. Some airline service.
ConeDodger
9 hours and 57 minutes. Population 129 blink.gif

They’ll be glad to see us! evilgrin.gif
Alphaogre
This looks great, Ever since heading out to Moab last year I have been looking for a reason to go to that part of Utah!
TravisNeff
In! driving.gif
MoveQik
In! driving.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
AZ914
In! driving.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 2 2019, 05:01 PM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jun 2 2019, 05:39 PM) *

Poor excuse - different weekends. biggrin.gif

OK so the truth is I signed up for Okteenerfest and my wife will throw me out if I leave for RRC the day after I return from a 10-day drive to Tennessee. chair.gif
rhodyguy
You don't want to use up your event tokens too fast. Too many too quick and they get harder to redeem.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 3 2019, 08:57 PM) *

You don't want to use up your event tokens too fast. Too many too quick and they get harder to redeem.

event tokens? HaHa! I agree, it is a balancing act and I usually get the short end of the stick when it comes to getting debited or credited for such events, for example my wife has no interest in riding around in a "stinky old car looking at trees" in the mountains, - so she took 2 of the girls to Parris 2 years ago- didn't get to go, I had planned my Okeenerfest trips and had used up my tokens from the 2 trips etc(meaning a new paint job and car parts lol!)
, this year they are going - girls trip- to the last Queen concert, and I again am going to Okteenerfest!!- so I feel your pain - 30 years of marriage love my kids and my wife but sometimes I wonder what were were thinking 30 years ago with very little common interest in such things screwy.gif headbang.gif wacko.gif
one of these days I will do what Jim is thinking and fly out and joint you all in a trip around the western world!!
JamesM
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jun 3 2019, 04:07 PM) *

OK so the truth is I signed up for Okteenerfest and my wife will throw me out if I leave for RRC the day after I return from a 10-day drive to Tennessee. chair.gif

The trick is to just not go home first!
TravisNeff
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 4 2019, 07:44 AM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jun 3 2019, 04:07 PM) *

The trick is to just not go home first!

Now, that's smart thinkin' idea.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jun 4 2019, 06:11 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 3 2019, 08:57 PM) *

event tokens? HaHa! I agree, it is a balancing act and I usually get the short end of the stick when it comes to getting debited or credited for such events, for example my wife has no interest in riding around in a "stinky old car looking at trees" in the mountains, - so she took 2 of the girls to Parris 2 years ago- didn't get to go, I had planned my Okeenerfest trips and had used up my tokens from the 2 trips etc(meaning a new paint job and car parts lol!)
, this year they are going - girls trip- to the last Queen concert, and I again am going to Okteenerfest!!- so I feel your pain - 30 years of marriage love my kids and my wife but sometimes I wonder what were were thinking 30 years ago with very little common interest in such things screwy.gif headbang.gif wacko.gif
one of these days I will do what Jim is thinking and fly out and joint you all in a trip around the western world!!

Now is a great time! beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 2 2019, 01:12 PM) *

That's right - Torrey, UT. I asked for rocks to be added to the hot tub.

Torrey confused24.gif Whig ? Whatever. flag.gif
If it's a party . . . . count me in. beerchug.gif

Those extra rocks will be red, right?
SharonG
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 16 2019, 09:55 PM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 2 2019, 01:12 PM) *

That's right - Torrey, UT. I asked for rocks to be added to the hot tub.

Torrey confused24.gif Whig ? Whatever. flag.gif
If it's a party . . . . count me in. beerchug.gif

Those extra rocks will be red, right?

Red for sure, JP. biggrin.gif
beer3.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif
SharonG
Adding attendee list to 1st post. drunk.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 18 2019, 06:51 PM) *

Oh giggity!!! I see a lot of my favorites on that list! beerchug.gif biggrin.gif
JRust
I hope to have my son JT with me as well. He's just in Ephraim Utah for school. So assuming he isn't booked up
ThinAir
Add Mike DeVries to the list. He's coming with me.
VegasRacer
Book your hotel room now. poke.gif
There are only a limited number available for The Porsche Group. - And nothing left for the unsuspecting public. flag.gif
brant
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 19 2019, 11:49 AM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Jun 18 2019, 06:51 PM) *

Oh giggity!!! I see a lot of my favorites on that list! beerchug.gif biggrin.gif

I agree with Mike... good peeps.. great attendance list!
MoveQik
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jun 26 2019, 11:46 AM) *

Book your hotel room now. poke.gif
There are only a limited number available for The Porsche Group. - And nothing left for the unsuspecting public. flag.gif

Booked! beerchug.gif
914Toy
Hotel reservation made.
JamesM
Booked. 19th-22nd

Well technically i re-booked. First attempt I booked online and they didnt have rooms available for the 21st. Called this time and said I was with the group and they had one for me.
TravisNeff
Couldn't get a room at the Noor, so I booked at The Red Sands Inn.

Travis + Jen
MoveQik
QUOTE(TravisNeff @ Jul 12 2019, 05:30 PM) *

Travis + Jen

You are subjecting Jen to our parking lot shenanigans?? I thought you liked her! Oh I get it...THAT'S why you picked a different hotel. laugh.gif
SharonG
Preview of t-shirt! biggrin.gif @RonD
T-shirt order thread is HERE!
Click to view attachment
TravisNeff
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jul 15 2019, 03:05 PM) *

QUOTE(TravisNeff @ Jul 12 2019, 05:30 PM) *

Travis + Jen

You are subjecting Jen to our parking lot shenanigans?? I thought you liked her! Oh I get it...THAT'S why you picked a different hotel. laugh.gif

Ahem, I believe that is the other way around..

I ended up being able to get a room at the Noor. Friday is pretty full there.
76-914
idea.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jun 2 2019, 08:00 PM) *

Except the wife and I are probably gonna rent something fast for a couple of days... she's pushing me to get the car done so she's a keeper. shades.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jul 17 2019, 01:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jun 2 2019, 08:00 PM) *

Except the wife and I are probably gonna rent something fast for a couple of days... she's pushing me to get the car done so she's a keeper. shades.gif

Booked...
SharonG
I just spoke with folks at the Noor Hotel. There are still several rooms left so I'm not sure what happened there @TravisNeff . They DID say the hotel is totally booked on Friday but since we're holding rooms under Porsche Group, we should be good until we hit our max room hold.
Short story - call the hotel, tell them you're with the Porsche Group, and book your room.
They'll release our room hold on Aug 19.
drunk.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif
76-914
Registered. driving.gif
TravisNeff
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jul 20 2019, 03:17 PM) *

I just spoke with folks at the Noor Hotel. There are still several rooms left so I'm not sure what happened there @TravisNeff . They DID say the hotel is totally booked on Friday but since we're holding rooms under Porsche Group, we should be good until we hit our max room hold.
Short story - call the hotel, tell them you're with the Porsche Group, and book your room.
They'll release our room hold on Aug 19.
drunk.gif drunk.gif drunk.gif

I can get lost in around room, this shouldn't surprise anyone laugh.gif
JRust
Room Booked biggrin.gif
SharonG
Here's a link to the t-shirt order thread. It's also in the first post. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(Carl La Fong @ Jun 2 2019, 05:08 PM) *

Is this it? Cafe Diablo drunk.gif
Carl La Fong
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jul 28 2019, 04:41 PM) *

Yep. I remember the food was so good and presented so well, people were taking pictures of their plates before starting to eat. I counted 5 chefs in the kitchen. Not quite what I expected from a town of what? 5000? Alas, I won't be there to enjoy it this year.
SharonG
QUOTE(Carl La Fong @ Jul 28 2019, 09:04 PM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Jul 28 2019, 04:41 PM) *

Yep. I remember the food was so good and presented so well, people were taking pictures of their plates before starting to eat. I counted 5 chefs in the kitchen. Not quite what I expected from a town of what? 5000? Alas, I won't be there to enjoy it this year.

sad.gif
SharonG
Book your room by Aug 19! The room hold is released after that. drunk.gif
76-914
Who's up for caravanning from the SoCal area?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.