Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rebuildable core?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
Click to view attachment
I pulled away from a parking spot. Engine sounded weird and quit after about 50 ft. Am thinking that the bendix got stuck on the flywheel ring and tore things apart by centrifugal motion. Never poured out a starter before.
Rebuilt in China says the sticker. Funny the steel cylinder had no Bosch stampings - just a shiny metal tube.
Mark Henry
Wow, that's a new one to me, I've seen some bad ones but I don't think ever that kersploded. blowup.gif
mepstein
agree.gif I’ve seen them catch fire and still look better.
Place a wtb on pelican.
rudedude
Hope your flywheel survived.
worn
QUOTE(rudedude @ Jun 2 2019, 05:48 PM) *

Hope your flywheel survived.

I have been a bit worried about that and have yet to look. I bought the rebuilt starter because when I rebuilt the motor the ring gear was toast. So new ring gear new starter. If I have chewed up that fresh new ring gear I will be super pissed.
Ordered a 1.4 kW gear reduction starter from Pelican. I looked over my collection of starters and decided that I would be just kidding myself making up something from spare solenoids, windings and gears.
Btw, since there are core charges I assume that rebuildable parts are wanted. Is there any way to funnel my collection of cores off to something other than scrap?
mepstein
We’ve had really good luck getting our starters and alternators rebuilt locally. Usually $75-125 and 1-2 day turnaround.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.