Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preventing Rock Chips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RenoRoger
On a recent long trip I collected another rock chip on my windshield after having it just repaired by SafeLite Autoglass. LiquidNano puts a hard surface on your windshield and supposedly prevents pitting, rock chips, scratches etc. The product is available through Home Depot and Amazon. From Home Depot it comes in two sizes at $25 and $35.

Has anyone any experience with it? Does it work? How long does it last? What are the drawbacks?
sithot
QUOTE(RenoRoger @ Jun 4 2019, 04:48 AM) *

On a recent long trip I collected another rock chip on my windshield after having it just repaired by SafeLite Autoglass. LiquidNano puts a hard surface on your windshield and supposedly prevents pitting, rock chips, scratches etc. The product is available through Home Depot and Amazon. From Home Depot it comes in two sizes at $25 and $35.

Has anyone any experience with it? Does it work? How long does it last? What are the drawbacks?

Snake Oil. If rocks were all shaped like marbles they'd bounce off. They're not.

Race cars use "tear offs". That's one solution but not practical.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.