Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me test this 914-6 wiper motor pre-install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tailwind22
I need to test this original 914-6 wiper motor before installing. Please walk me through how to apply 12v power to test. A picture of the wiring harness is below.

tailwind22
Anyone???
fixer34
Not sure what/why the red arrow is pointing to.
I believe power and contacts come thru the multi-pin plug.
Is the steering column/wiper switch not installed where you can just connect tha cable and try it?
tailwind22
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Jun 5 2019, 04:14 PM) *

Not sure what/why the red arrow is pointing to.
I believe power and contacts come thru the multi-pin plug.
Is the steering column/wiper switch not installed where you can just connect tha cable and try it?

It is a rotisserie resto with the wiring harness somewhat in place but a ways from having power. The picture was noting the proper wiper motor wiring harness for a true 6.
tailwind22
OK, I figured this out so will add my solution for future questions. I had my steering column out so I plugged in the wiper switch to the motor harness and applied power to the red wire coming off the harness and grounded the brown lead coming off the harness plus the steering column piece and I had a working motor. This would be unique to a 914-6.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we still have new factory armatures and brushes on the shelf but no new six wiper motors
914Sixer
Six wiper motors are unique. Base 911 motor with special wiring harness plug.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.