Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beautiful craftsmenship...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SpecialK
This guy is a true craftsmen! But WOW ohmy.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5982524046&rd=1
gregrobbins
A jewel-like 1:8 scale model, individually hand-built by a European craftsman who made all parts himself from the appropriate metals, rubber, bolts and screws. Bolted assembly like the real engine, no glue. Fully accurate movable internals: functional flywheel, fan, crankshaft, pistons, cams, and valvetrain. Other perfect details include the accurate ignition wires, oil and fuel lines, Weber carburetors with working linkages, and full exhaust. Although all parts are functional, this is a display model, and does not run.

Figure that if he got paid by the hour for all this, he would be lucky to make minimum wage. Every piece is one-of-a-kind, hand-made. If they get this kind of money, more power to them!

At the local airport there is a collection of minature WORKING air plane engines on exhibit. Just amazing to see the detail and work that goes into these projects. And they RUN!
cametal
Lots of cool stuff ohmy.gif

http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com

MoveQik
Hell, I'll sell you the real thing out of my car for that price! biggrin.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jun 25 2005, 04:36 PM)
Hell, I'll sell you the real thing out of my car for that price! biggrin.gif

You gotta real 4 cammer?? I've got 5000.00 with your name aaallllllll over it biggrin.gif
jgiroux67
That's nothing compared to the French guy who hand built the 1/3 scale ferrari race car. That thing was insane, it started up and everything. The tach even worked.
scotty914
well it does not look bad except the plug wires they look fake

btw was this motor a twin plug motor, i dont know the motor but i did not know they made a twin plugger at all that early
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jun 25 2005, 08:27 PM)
well it does not look bad except the plug wires they look fake

btw was this motor a twin plug motor, i dont know the motor but i did not know they made a twin plugger at all that early

they were indeed twin plugged, dual dizzy.

BTW - im betting they used glow plugs smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ Jun 25 2005, 06:06 PM)
That's nothing compared to the French guy who hand built the 1/3 scale ferrari race car. That thing was insane, it started up and everything. The tach even worked.

got a link?
jimtab
I guess my question is WHY? I don't think I've EVER been that bored.....
Dr Evil
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jun 25 2005, 09:23 PM)
I don't think I've EVER been that bored.....

Thats right, Jim. Every time you get close to bored its the same thing, "Damn I have a sexy right hand. Come here you little strumpette. Thats right, daddys home......ahhh"
jimtab
And you're point would be? I figure it's my dick and my soap and I'll wash it as fast as I want.... happy11.gif
jimtab
Besides, idle hands are the devils tool you know..... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
PALMala HANDerson --- jimbo biggrin.gif
hargray2
......and Jackie.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jun 25 2005, 08:41 PM)
And you're point would be? I figure it's my dick and my soap and I'll wash it as fast as I want.... happy11.gif

So much for our family rating.... wink.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (Sir Fartalot @ Jun 26 2005, 06:42 AM)
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jun 25 2005, 08:41 PM)
And you're point would be?  I figure it's my dick and my soap and I'll wash it as fast as I want.... happy11.gif

So much for our family rating.... wink.gif

"Family rating".... lol2.gif chairfall.gif

...back on track boys... slap.gif

Highly skilled machinist's for sure! I can't remember where I saw it, but there was a wav file of a full-functional 1/4 scale V8 with a roots supercharger.....bad as hell! aktion035.gif .....drop that in your kids power-wheels! driving.gif
redshift
Da! The little V-8 with the blower is an awesome piece.

The coolest scale motor I have ever seen was a RR Merlin that worked.

M
redshift
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jun 26 2005, 12:42 AM)
Besides, idle hands are the devils tool you know..... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

According to your last reply, your hands aren't idle.

M
ClayPerrine
This guy could make a mint by taking the parts and scaling them back to full size. Even if the engine is a reproduction, the 356 guys would jump all over it!!!

redshift
I don't see how a person could afford to make, and sell a model like that.. for so little.

I wonder if he'd make tiny /6s for us, and lil cars... Teener Tots..

laugh.gif

M
jgiroux67
http://www.fineartmodels.com/e/gallery/scerri/

Theres the link for the miniture Ferrari race car. Watch the video on there. It's absolutly insane.
SpecialK
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 26 2005, 11:18 AM)
... Teener Tots..

laugh.gif

M

lol2.gif chairfall.gif You kill me Miles!

Okay, now I'm going off topic.. rolleyes.gif ... but it's my thread, so screw you guys. flipa.gif biggrin.gif

Also a very cool 1/9th scale (yep...1/9th) C-17 Globemaster III that this guy in the UK designed in CAD, cut out with CNC, and assembled, 1/9th scale turbine engines and everything huh.gif .....the dude did one hellavu job! pray.gif

http://homepage.eircom.net/~skycam/C-17A_G...lobemaster_III/

There was a video floating around awhile back, but I can't seem to locate it. sad.gif
scotty b
Do you suppose these guys have EVER seen a female, or driven a fun car, or gone to a movie, or eaten out, or been in the sun??? AMAZING werk but damned if i'd try it. Maybe Miles will start building miniature guitars, or miniature sheep farms complete with the sheep sexswing sheeplove.gif "Back up Gertrude" "Come on girl just a little more"
SpecialK
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jun 26 2005, 03:48 PM)
...or miniature sheep farms complete with the sheep sexswing sheeplove.gif "Back up Gertrude" "Come on girl just a little more"

Hmmmm...... cool_shades.gif Putting WAAAAAAY too much thought into this Scott. He lives in Georgia for god's sake......keep it simple! biggrin.gif
redshift
Cool model Kev..

I was thinking about building miniature penises... I have a small model to work from, I could get someone to blow it up.

M
Long Prong
WHAT IN THE HELL? I just got finsihed watching the clip and....woah. why make it 1:3 the size...he'll never be able to feel the inside of the seat or anything.

moron.

it's wicked cool though.
SpecialK
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 26 2005, 04:25 PM)
...I could get someone to blow it up.

M

Nooooow I know where I've seen Miles before!
SpecialK
Oh yeah....that's him alright!
Long Prong
miles, give us a picture of you.....
Joe Bob
Check the archives....he's NOT REAL.
Long Prong
who was it that visited him....? They have the real answer...they know the truth.
SpecialK
QUOTE (Long Prong @ Jun 26 2005, 05:38 PM)
who was it that visited him....? They have the real answer...they know the truth.

Scott "Long-Haul" Thacher and wife were the victi..uhh..visitors. alien_2.gif
redshift
huh.gif <-- this is an actual picture of me.

m
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.